Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Help- changed from designer 10 to 12 and now my site looks terrible

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Try deleting everything on-line and then upload anew

Very unlikely to be the fault of V12 as TG would be inundated with complaints
    Why though is if previewing in 12 in the browser preview function with ropey text but in the same function in 10 looks fine? This is on my pc not on the net? Only difference between the two is 10 is the 32 bit version and 12 is the 64bit version. 10 is standard and 12 is premium. My windows 8 is 64bit.

It may work ok in the browser preview but when you upload to the net it does not like the old version files and you get weird happenings. Best to take down the old files and upload the new ones as has been suggested. I have had to do this on occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    It may work ok in the browser preview but when you upload to the net it does not like the old version files and you get weird happenings. Best to take down the old files and upload the new ones as has been suggested. I have had to do this on occasions.
    Just deleted the entire site online and reuploaded. Made no difference at all. Same smudged and untidy text fonts in Firefox and same placeholder with made up Latin text coming up on safari for a split second when it loads.

No issues here in FF. All text is clear. Have you refreshed your browser (Ctrl. + F5)?

Yes-it just looks worse and I have the template placeholders now coming up too before my own graphics come up-always wanted to see a chef randomly appear on my website.... I'm just reinstalling a back up of my site before the upgrade on my pc. I've uninstalled 12 and going to reboot and try reinstalling again to see if that works. if it doesn't I'm reinstalling 10 again and resigning myself to £60 wasted and a whole day... I know my Firefox is okay because other sites look perfectly fine. Just my own looking rubbish.

Apologies if you have done this, but did you also delete the the index_htm_files folder and re-upload? Have you deleted all your browsing history, cache and cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Apologies if you have done this, but did you also delete the the index_htm_files folder and re-upload? Have you deleted all your browsing history, cache and cookies?
    Yes -only folders left were for my php forum and the gallery which is seperate software. I'm seeing the placeholder behaviour on my iPad and my pc on two different browsers. Also why would it look okay in chrome but not in explorer and Firefox?

I also looked at your website in Opera and Internet Explorer and it looked just fine (as it does in Chrome and FF).

Some more suggestions: Have you tried to reboot your computer? Have you tried to exit Web Designer, right-click the program icon and select Run as Admiistrator?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I also looked at your website in Opera and Internet Explorer and it looked just fine (as it does in Chrome and FF).

Some more suggestions: Have you tried to reboot your computer? Have you tried to exit Web Designer, right-click the program icon and select Run as Admiistrator?
    I've rebooted and made no differncel I've uninstalled and just doing a virus scan as it's kicked in before I reboot again and will do a fresh install. I've reloaded a back up of the site and once that's all back on will try the above too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	116626
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	116627
    This is the refresh issue I'm seeing on my iPad -for a fww seconds behind my actual banner graphic replaces it.