Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need advice on how best to do this!

I have a news page which runs to several very long pages which is a pain to update as I insert new content at the top of the current page and have to push everything down and faff moving images and content around. Is there a way to create a page where the content would scroll downwards so I can insert more at the top without having to lengthen the page or move things around? Im not sure if I've explained it very clearly?! I have webdesigner premium 12. I've had a look at the widgets and I couldn't see anything I could insert into a page to use. (Though I might be looking in the wrong place!)

Any help would be great and help my sanity.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 17 June 2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Corrected typo in title

Default Re: Need advice on hoe best to do this!

If you use the text panel smartshapes, they can be set to 'push' under 'position on page' context menu.
    Be sure to embed images (and repel text under) so they are linked to the text and it should handle resizing and moving pretty much automatically.
    That works really well for me.

Also is there a way to set the default image quality to jpg 100% or png for the entire site rather than amend each one as I add them?

Ooh thank you will try that.

Jut to check when you mean smart shapes how do you apply this to text and images I have for each story? Do I need to place them in a shape or similar? This is my news page - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Angie-Hewitt1 -I'd like the images on the left hand side to stay put because I can add to those at the bottom ideally but if I need to redesign how it works I will. At the moment I'm having to shift everything downwards on the right hand side to add in new stories at the top.

Sorry Britangie1 but that link just redirects to a Just Giving Page ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Oops sorry -that was the last link in my ipads clip board it didn't save my new selection! (Pcs much easier lol) This is the correct one! http://www.tomburkeonline.co.uk/news.htm

You'll need to try it.
    You could either have each story on its own text panel or one big text panel with them all.
    The main difference will be you will need to embed images amongst the text and perhaps have them repel text under if you don't already.
    If you have separate text panels for each story, set a specific width and duplicate them so they are exact same width rather than create new ones, then set position on page to push and stack them up exactly under each other.

Thank you -that's an excellent idea I might try panels to try and keep it tidier though I'm assuming at some stage I'll need to create a new page again because it will get very long again.

Or perhaps use pop-up layers?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host