Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I was testing vector packages and before deciding upon Xara, I did some drawings in MS PhotoDraw which have a file extension of .MIX.

Xara does not seem to have any way to import or otherwise open these directly.

Anyone know of a way to open or import .MIX into XaraX?

TIA

Paul

When I was testing vector packages and before deciding upon Xara, I did some drawings in MS PhotoDraw which have a file extension of .MIX.

Xara does not seem to have any way to import or otherwise open these directly.

Anyone know of a way to open or import .MIX into XaraX?

TIA

Paul

Paul

This may not work, but have you tried using Xara's All Files import option? Select the file and try to import it. If Xara recognizes the file type it will import it.

Xara's import filter is quite powerful and if you have any chance at all that may be it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Hi, how about trying to copy and paste through the clipboard? You may lose layers or whatever but that might not always be a problem. Yes, I know it sometimes will be!

Jon
    Jon

I checked Xara's site and searched around but they do not seem to support this type of import. The "all files" concept was the first thing I tried but no go. I was kind of wondering whether someone had developed their own add in filter.

Since the original graphic was done using an evaluation version of PhotoDraw I no longer have it installed/working so can't do the cut/paste idea either.

The graphic I wanted was very easy to recreate from ground zero so this is what I did.

The question was at least partly rhetorical.

Thanks again for the thoughts.

Paul