Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sub-menus disappear after one second in Firefox

I have a problem with sub-menus. I have a Navbar with three sub-levels which have worked fine for a couple of years.

Now I have just noticed that when hovering the mouse over any of the sub-menus, after one second the menu disappears.
    This makes it impossible to navigate to the required page, and has only happened in the past week.

I have WD 11 Premium 64 bit v11.2.5.42127

The issue seems to be restricted to Firefox.
    In Windows 7 64 bit, I'm running running Firefox 52.0.1 I've tried Firefox in safe mode, but it's the same problem.
    Windows Explorer, Opera, and an old PC version of Safari all work fine.

In Linux Mint I have Firefox 52.0 64 bit (mint 1.0). The sub-menus disappear after one second in Firefox here too.
    Using Qupzilla in Mint there is no problem, the sub-menus display correctly.

Default Re: Sub-menus disappear after one second in Firefox

Hi Mac

Can you give us a link?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Mac

Can you give us a link?
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, sure: http://megalithmovers.org/ Look at the Navbar at the top, the heading "BlogPages" is where the problem lies.

Very inconsistent. I think if the cursor/hand overlaps the bottom of the button it works otherwise it disappears as you have reported.

I'll ask someone from Xara to have a look at this post.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Very inconsistent. I think if the cursor/hand overlaps the bottom of the button it works otherwise it disappears as you have reported.

I'll ask someone from Xara to have a look at this post.
    Thanks, I'm glad someone can see it there is an issue, even though it appears to be restricted to Firefox. I assume I'll wait to hear from Xara directly?

Give them a day or two. It is still night time and the weekend.

Hi Mac,

Can you send me your .web/.xar file to our support system here so I can see what is causing the issue?: http://support.xara.com

The .web/.xar file is the Xara document file you are working on within Web Designer, Photo & Graphic Designer and Designer Pro. Go to File > Save as prior to sending it to us.

If the total filesize of all files being sent to us exceeds 10MB please use a file sharing service such as DropBox or we can provide you with FTP details for you to upload your file to our servers.

Thanks
    Rob

Works fine for me in FF. No buttons disappear.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My FF was version 50, which is the latest stable version. I downloaded 52 (A beta version?) and installed. I now get the same problem as you, so it may be a bug in Firefox rather than Xara. Might be worth posting a bug report on the Firefox site.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

that's an open question - sure there have been major changes in the way FFox works in the last month or so, but such deliberate changes can also throw up issues for web designers

ver 52 is now the latest version, anyone on automatic updates will be updated to it, as will anyone downloading latest version from mozilla
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...