Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Website not loading with Firefox

See here for a good insight:
    I can get his suggestion to work on his page checker but Google still throws up the above the fold js & css. I didn't touch the css

Here's the code I used on a placeholder at the bottom of the page:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function downloadJSAtOnload() {
    var element = document.createElement("script");
    element.src = "roe.js";
    element.src = "jquery.js";
    element.src = "datamap.js";
    element.src = "datamap.js";
    element.src = "bx_zaccordion_conf.js";
    element.src = "1.js";

document.body.appendChild(element);
    }
    if (window.addEventListener)
    window.addEventListener("load", downloadJSAtOnload, false);
    else if (window.attachEvent)
    window.attachEvent("onload", downloadJSAtOnload);
    else window.onload = downloadJSAtOnload;
    </script>
    LINKS:
    https://varvy.com/pagespeed/defer-lo...avascript.html
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the help Egg though I'm not sure I fully understand what to do.

I could take more time and make an effort to do so but while I have raised a ticket with Xara maybe it's best to see what they can do.

I think there is an important principle here. Surely the software should produce robust web code which the user shouldn't need to tweak? After all, the market for Xara Designer products must be mainly people like me who have little or no computing skills.

I couldn't agree more Ian. The first thing I have issues with is image optimisation. Google speed test invariably brings up suggestions to optomise the images. I've done a bit of research into this & found that even sites using images from Photoshop are getting the same suggestions. I've reduced jpg compression as low as 50% and Google (and others) state I can reduce this further.

So yes, if Xara is selling their software as a website creator then it shouldn't be producing these suggestions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The Xara guys are on the case and they inform me that the speed problems indicated by web hoster #1 would make only a few milliseconds difference. They suggest it is a web hosting problem.

As I have the same site running on web hoster #2 this would support this idea.

I'm now loading the site to two different web hosters until web hoster #1 fixes its servers (or whatever). Not satisfactory but at least people should be able to find my site somewhere.

Eventual communication with web hoster #1 (easily.co.uk) saw them screen sharing with me to see that I did have a problem with the pages loading incredibly slowly but IT LOADED SATISFACTORILY FOR THEM.

Despite the fact that it's been reported to me that there are problems with the site with more than one browser; despite the fact that the site is working fine on a different web host and despite the fact that it has worked for years on easily.co.uk I have reached an impasse. I can see no other choice but to switch web host permanently.

If what they say is correct and their system is working properly I'm still left with the fact that something changed recently somewhere along the line to wreck my website. Will I ever find out what? Who knows?