Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default User Interface Change?

Used to using the ribbon style GUI like MS has made popular with the different tabs and all the features within. Not a fan of tool bars all over the screen. Any chance Web Designer might have this in the future? And yes the full screen hot key is a help, still. Being able to change the color would also be a bonus. Other than gray or white.

Regards

Default Re: User Interface Change?

Try this press ALT,CTRL,Shift,S all at once.

As far as a more MS UI, I don't think I am going out on a limb to say, probably never going to happen. I have been using Xara in one form or another since the mid 90s and some here even longer. We are used to how the product works and would not be happy campers were it to change.

+1 Gary

Ciao

Roly

+1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That is completely understandable.

+ 1/3

a ribbon style GUI may be fine for web design [I wouldn't know] but for drawing there are great advantages in floating palettes; true it would be even better if the document windows could be floated outside of the GUI just like almost every other modern graphics program I can think of, and I would rather see this; no way can I see there being one GUI for web and one for graphics...

so that puts me with Gary too on this one...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's not necessary to have lots of tool bars open to use the program productively. The tools offer context sensitive controls in the infobar, the right-click menus offer context sensitive commands, there are keyboard shortcuts and you can make your own custom bars contain just the controls you need.

Phil

Hi Phil

much as I love keystrokes, I grew up with them, having a mouse, a keyboard, a cintiq, and reference sketches all on the same desk is not practical - the keyboard is the first to go when drawing with said cintiq [you can program some in up to a point, but only so many - on screen palettes/toolbars are easier for me in this regard]

I agree about custom toolbars [though we need separate sets for normal and full screen modes]

whilst you are here any chance of floating document windows? - just to make it easier for those of us perverse enough to use three monitors [the cintiq being one of course]
    Nothing lasts forever...

whilst you are here any chance of floating document windows?
    Do you mean like the Cascading Windows option?

no I mean taking the document window out of the UI - you can do this with palettes, but not with documents

You can stretch the UI, but only so far across an extended desktop, and if you have two monitors side by side and one [ie cintiq] 'beneath' then it is a little 'okard' [tiresome]
    Nothing lasts forever...