Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Facebook Like Feed

Sorry if this has already been covered here, but I have a customer that I am converting over from WebPlus to Xara. One of her big items is she wants her facebook like feed to appear on her index page.

Current site: http://www.apiarybeekeepingsupplies.com --- feed is at lower right.

Don't see a widget in Xara's social widgets to do this, unlike WebPlus. What am I missing ... search pulled nothing usable when using the term "like feed" (with quotes) or "facebook like feed" (with quotes). Never get the two words together as typed so may be the search box doesn't like that way of doing things.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Be well all.

Default Re: Facebook Like Feed

In case you are wondering why I'm not just coding it with the facebook provided code --- the code works fine everywhere except Firefox. I get nothing at all in Firefox when loading the page. Since that is a somewhat popular browser, needs to work there as well.

I do not have a solution for you other than the Code in a place holder. This works with other code so I would think it would work with Facebook. Do you have a test site that we could look at with Firefox that has this Facebook place holder?

Ray

There is a problem with the current version of Firefox that causes the nav bar sub menus to display on mouseover but close immediately. I wonder if this might also be causing the problem you are having? The sub menus worked fine in the last version of Firefox and those who have seen the beta say the sub menu problem will be resolved in the next release.

@Ray - Nope, still in very early development of the site so nothing to link to but thanks.

@gwpriester - was not aware of a Firefox bug, so will wait a few days. Not anywhere near even showing the customer design choices yet so I've got a few days.

Thanks folks.

You can probably get a beta copy of the next version, I think either Handrawn or Egg got it. That's how we determined the sub menu problem goes away.