Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is there a maximum page size when using Xara Web Designer Premium

Thanks for the input to date. I am learning a lot at the moment. I have still had no success with the existing pages I produced. Basically once they become reasonably long they will no longer preview or publish successfully to the web.
    My original website had long pages. They started off short using flash based slide shows but when security issued arose with flash and the slide shows would no longer work on IOS devices I stopped using them. I spent a lot of time converting all the old slide shows over to basic photo grids and text boxes; I lost my enthusiasm for slide shows and had not used them since.
    However, given the problems I have been having I decided to have a look at the options in Xara and I downloaded a number of Photo Slideshows & galleries. I understand that they no longer use flash and so should be OK with all laptops/tablets etc.
    Yesterday I began the process of converting one of the long pages I was having trouble with into a shorter one including several Photo Slideshows & galleries and smart photo grids. The pages are dramatically shorter and present better and so far are working as they should. So despite the work that will be involved I think I will go down that path. I will post next week when I have made more progress on a few of the pages.
    Thanks for members input to date. The forum is a good source of information.
    Alan

you can if it's plain text egg which does not lock out automatically and the mods can see it's ok if they do a manual check

unless things have got really silly since I used to mod

sounds good alty, hopefully you are getting there
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, after a lot of work I have transferred my site over to the Xara version. Better than the old version. So now the Warrnambool Gem Club has a 'modern looking' website.
    Still have a bit to check over. Given the size of the site I am still finding a few errors but they will disappear over time.
    Feeling a lot better over using Xara after the 'learning process' I have gone through. So many things are 'obvious' in retrospect!

Hi Alty, could I suggest you change the single button text from Home to Menu. I thought at first it was just a one page site
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host