Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is there a maximum page size when using Xara Web Designer Premium

Hi,
    I am rebuilding a website previously created in Serif Webplus X8. The pages are long and have many photos as they record club events/activities plus displays at shows during the year. I have had no problems publishing the pages to the web in the past with Serif. However I am having 'issues' with Xara at present. I am using a RWD template (the website 'Vue theme' I downloaded) with two variants. I have checked that the text and 'smart photo grids' are on the 'mouse off layer'.
    When I have been working down/creating a page I have checked the 'page review', to see if the site was 'ok', on a regular basis. If OK I then saved the page. On the last two pages I have worked on the following problem has occurred.
    I have been adding a smart grid and photos, then a text section. All OK. I have repeated the process a few times and all was still fine. However, at some point on each page when I added another smart grid plus text and went to preview I could only see the menu plus a black band at the top of the screen, both of which appear to be on the pasteboard background layer. The rest of the page was not visible. However, when I check the 'mobile version' by reducing the window width, it is still present.
    I have tried saving the file and exiting and then restarting Xara with no effect.
    The page I am working on at present is 960 px wide by 39000 px long. The document has 24 pages, memory used is 809 MBytes, number of bitmaps 334, bitmap size 788 MBytes for what it is worth.
    I have tried deleting the most recent work from each of the variants individually as well as in both but that does not change the situation and I still can not preview the page.

Any suggestions?

Alan

Default Re: Is there a maximum page size when using Xara Web Designer Premium

Could you post the URL to the site and perhaps also a .web file with only the offending page so that the experts here (not me) can take a look?

Please do as Boy suggests. If the .web file is to large to attach, save it to Google Drive , or DropBox etc and post a link here.

The page I am working on at present is 960 px wide by 39000 px long
    Really Alan, 39000px long?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the replies Boy and Egg. Yes the pages on the site are long but reflect the nature of the hobby. The site acts as a photographic record of the club over the last 'decade plus'. Though I could cut back if I had too.
    I have added a link to a OneDrive file. I hope that works as I have just started using OneDrive. If you have a problem accessing the file let me know.
    Anyway, the link is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjA3Zkd-vZlcrzSTwSPhPFvRlW_y
    My old Serif website is at http://warrnamboolgemclub.com/index.html
    The page included in the link is at http://members.westvic.com.au/wgemcl...%20shows-a.htm If you open this in a full width browser and then reduce the width of the browser window you will see you go from a basically blank page to the mobile version which is visible.
    You can click on the home page at http://members.westvic.com.au/wgemclub/index.htm and see that it works basically as expected as you increase or reduce the browser window.

Thanks
    Alan

Hi,
    I have posted another reply which is not yet up on this site. In that I included a link which is no longer relevant as I accidently deleted the file when I was removing a number of files/folders I found had been uploaded to onecloud under the default settings.

I need to post this new link to the file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjA3Zkd-vZlcrzjH9gt2VNhKv-aS

Link to webpage is http://members.westvic.com.au/wgemcl...%20shows-a.htm

My original Serif website is at http://warrnamboolgemclub.com/index.html

If you have trouble accessing any of the links please let me know.

Thanks,

Alan

Question for the moderator. Is there a problem with this thread? In the main screen it says 3 replies but when I go to the thread there are 3 posts not 4. This will obviously change with this post but the issue is still there. Also after having read the thread/posts the bold letters do not go away. Could it be that that the last post was removed?If so , it would be good to know.

Just noticed after posting this that the bold lettering is now gone but not the numbering issue.

Ciao

Roly
    Last edited by roly; 22 March 2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added the last sentense to update

Hi, I have posted two replies with the site url and the .web file on OneDrive as requested by Boy and Egg. I am wondering if I have broken some protocol by including links in the reply and that is why they were removed?

Alan

Could be Alan bit the mods are usually quite liberal when the post are about xar/web files.
    Moderators?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

meanwhile you could try posting the link in a 'safe' fashion - eg talkgraphics-dot-com for a url
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

New members can't post url's.
    Egg