Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Older photo widgets not behaving after moving to 365

I recently obtained a new Win10 laptop, and decided to install only XWD 365 and start using that for all my sites. I've migrated several that were designed and maintained (until now) with XDP7, running with Win7. I've just realized that some photo widgets no longer work, and I'm seeing some alignment problems also.

There's an example of the problem on the bottom of the homepage of www.kiwanisskiclub.com. I have a photo spread using Landscape Cloud Tint Zoom Gallery, and have used some similar widgets elsewhere on this site and others. The common problem I'm seeing comes when clicking a thumbnail. This used to result in that image being placed into the larger frame at the left side of the widget, then you could point your cursor at that enlarged view to magnify a portion of it.

What's happening now is that the picture comes up on a new page, completely filling the screen, and you have to use the back arrow to get rid of it. Are these older widgets just not supported any more, meaning I have to find new ones, then find all the original photos and rebuild 'em, or is there something I'm missing to make 'em work with the newer XWD 365? Alternatively, if I've been editing 'em with 365, can I go BACK to XWD7, or 10, without having something else trip me up?

It's very frustrating to find that sites which had been working flawlessly now are screwed up in a major way; hope there's an easy solution! Until now I'd never had Xara do something that screwed up my work ... and I've stayed current with each new rev, although since I don't do anything for print publication, I decided to stop buying the pro version and stick with XWD after the release of 365. I'd like to keep doing this with the confidence that I won't have to be rebuilding things.

Ken

Default Re: Older photo widgets not behaving after moving to 365

Think I've answered one of my questions ... moved www.kiwanisskiclub.com back to XWD7 and republished, and now it's working properly, so you won't be able to see the problem described above.

But you can see a couple examples of this problem here ... www.norwaymuseum.org

On the tab "What's inside" you will see that there have been some spacing problems that occurred after switching from XDP7 to XWD365. However, the photo pop-up problem can be observed in two places ... one near the middle of the page where there's a larger photo frame with several thumbnails below it, and a similar grouping near the bottom of the page. These both go into a full-page display of the selected image, rather than just enlarging the thumbnail in the larger frame in the group.

I'm going to move several sites back to the older software rather than doing something more labor-intensive with XWD365 for now. I'll also try 'em with XWD10 and see if I can use that rather than the older XDP7.

I can see the problem your having Ken. I've tried to reproduce it in Xara Cesigner 365 but can't.

Could you possible attach the web file for just the 'What's inside' page?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Had to drop this for a while, as I had several sites that have a lot of activity about this time of year. I think I solved some problems, but am slowly checking each site with 365 vs earlier versions where things are all working. Just now finding a site with a photo gallery widget that can't be edited in 365. I've finally got my new laptop configured with XDP7, XWD9, XWD10, and XWD365, and am checking out troublesome sites to find out which is the latest version that handles widgets and other features properly. I'll send you an example when I identify one ... I really don't want to be killing old photo spreads and having to re-create 'em.