Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default website not showing updates when using page/all pages preview

Hi. I am a new user to WDP 365 after coming from Serif WebPlus X8.

The problem I have is that I have designed a site and when I go to preview, all I see is an old version. I have cleared all the caches on the relevant viewers and this makes no difference. I have put 2 screen grabs to show the annoyance. This is the design....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00335_14h16m02s.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	116525 and this is the preview....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00336_14h17m44s.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	116526

Has anyone had this happen before and is there a solution without rebuilding the whole site?

Many thanks in advance.

Pete

Default Re: website not showing updates when using page/all pages preview

Hi Pete, welcome to Talk Graphics. Look in the page and layer gallery and check to see if your text in on the page over layer, if it is not just slide it over and then preview.

Ciao

Roly

Welcome to TG. I believe Roly means the MouseOff Layer. If it isn't cut & Paste it into the MouseOff Layer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Roly & Egg, thank you for the welcome.

Everything is in the "mouse over layers" and in the list showing all the pages, the text etc is visible!

I am totally mystified.

I cannot see how to attach another couple of screen grabs, for you to peruse, am I missing something obvious???

If the text is in the MouseOver layer it won't be visible Pete. Cut it from the MouseOver layer & paste it (Ctrl + Shift + V) into the MouseOff layer

To attach images or files you need to hit the Go Advanced button and scroll way down the page & hit Manage Attachments button.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg, you are right, I royally screwed up, thank you for correcting me. Noiseboy, I apologize for misleading you.

Ciao

Roly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00338_18h34m30s.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	116528 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00339_18h34m51s.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	116529

Sorry for delay, I was using "Edge" browser and it would not let me add attachments!!!!

I have put the 2 I mentioned earlier, above.

I will look at this tomorrow, and let you know how I got on.

Many thanks.

Roly. It must be living in wonderful Montreal that has that effect on you. Used to go regularly to the opening of new CdS shows.

Pete

Hi Pete. The MouseOver layer is hidden unless it's triggered by a mouse over event on the MouseOff layer. Think roll-over buttons. You only see the image in the MouseOver layer when the mouse moves over the image in the MouseOff layer. Non of your content on the MouseOver layer (apart from the menu buttons) have any trigger events to make them visible.
    Egg

Hi Egg, you are right, I royally screwed up....
    No problem Roly, we've all been there
    Egg

Morning Egg. Finally got what you were saying and problem now sorted.

Part of the problem coming from a long term use of different software, are these sort of things.

Thanks again

Pete