Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default iPhone Compatibility

Hi. I was wondering if there are known compatibility issues with the use of mobile sites on iPhone. The site has been built with WD10 premium and the issues are with menus, which appear as a mouse over layer, and not being able to click on links

Default Re: iPhone Compatibility

Shouldn't be an issue. Are you saying you have dropdown sub-menus and they're not working?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. It's been created on a popup layer, with links on, for the mobile site.

Okay Megg, tablets & smartphones don't do mouse-overs. There's no mouse. Can you supply a link to your site?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yeah, agree with Egg. There is no reason for mouse over buttons on any smart phone.

I have done several mobile sites and they all are fine on my iPhone 6s and my wife's SE.

What I have observed is even with a pretty strong network cell signal, the buttons may not work if you are linking to a page with a lot going on. Simple is always better.

Of course if the visitor is using WiFi then not a problem.

Sorry, I put mouse over, instead of popup layer. The menu is on popup, which should work ok? It's fine in Android

Can you supply a link to your site?
    This would help

How are you opening these pop-up layers?
    Egg

How are you opening these pop-up layers?
    Probably using a button such as a hamburger (the three stacked rectangles) to link to the pop up layer. I have used this and it works fine with my caution about linking to a large page of text. For example, I have used this at www.rabbibrin.com The links to the essays do not work on an OK but not real strong network signal. But they work fine if you have a good WiFi connection.

On an iPhone clicking the links on the popup menu simply closes the menu, as does clicking anywhere else on the page. Links in the website text work normally. So the issue is something to do with the popup layer it seems. In Android it works normally.

Is there an issue with links on a popup layer on iPhone? Or perhaps in mobile Safari?

Hi Megg, I truely believe to help you further we need at least a link to your site or better still attach your xar/web file
    Egg