Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sub Menus

Default Sub Menus

I do basic websites on Xare - for a number of years, but never had to use sub-menus/drop downs/whatever. I've been trying to accomplish this for days and am getting very frustrated. Tried doing the page with links instead and I keep getting error messages and nothing shows up. Could someone please give me step-by-step instructions.

I make the main page "about" where the major topics are, but then those topics need explanations. After I make the major nav bar, I double click the "about" page and add the subs (Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.). What am I missing?

If you can answer my other problem with the same method, I would be doubly grateful. Contact page. I have tried a number of software suppliers for forms and accomplished this in the past, but this time I can't remember how. So I get the code. I can copy/paste it in the page and I know that isn't right. Keep finding things about placeholders. I go to utilities, web properties, placeholder and it's grayed out. If I go to website in that tab and put it in HTML code (body) nothing happens.

I would so appreciate some help. I keep looking in the forum and people are concerned about the look of the dropdown/submenu, but can't find out how to accomplish it.

Thank you!
    Kitty

Default Re: Sub Menus

Click the + next to the page you want to add the sub menu to. Then double click (or click Add) and add a name for the first page in the sub menu, then click in the URL column to add a link.

Pages can be added or deleted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add sub menu.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	116460  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Click the + next to the page you want to add the sub menu to. Then double click (or click Add) and add a name for the first page in the sub menu, then click in the URL column to add a link.

Pages can be added or deleted.
    I've done this a number of times, but must be missing a step. When I do as you said, I get the error message "you have at least one button with both a link and a menu. On touch-only devices, visitors to you site won't be able to use the menu, because touching button will invoke the button link. Therefore it is recommended that you don't have links on buttons that have menus." At some point I think I said OK and saw the sub-menu, but not the original page.

Thanks!

Perhaps this will help Kitty

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Perhaps this will help Kitty

I'm so brain-dead from several days of this -- but, I believe that will help. I didn't try making the official "about" page the 1st page of the drop-down. The only thing I was missing (I believe) of the contact page was actually making a box for the code to fit in.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kitty

Please get back if you have further issues with both problems.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your help - the form info worked great!

I still haven't accomplished the submenu/dropdown. If attaching it works, I'm attaching what my nav bar looks like - any help you can render, I will be grateful. Actually, I'm grateful just for your response!

KittyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara-submenu.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	116481 My work email in case you need it, is kitty@sharonpress.com

Hi Kitty, of course you'll get a 404. Try the links below. If a page doesn't exist you can't link to it

http://www.globalwealthdevelopment.com/

http://www.globalwealthdevelopment.c...ut/stage1.html
    Egg

Thanks for your continued help.

I have the "about" page and a subpage of "about" since that's the only way it will show up. I already have the pages (all setup and with type/graphics on them): stage 1, etc. What I've just done is enter the http://www...../about/stage1.html which gets me to the 404 error message. Your message said I would get the 404, but since there is such a page why doesn't it show up like the others home.contact, etc. Is there a special name or placement of the type in the page titled stage1?

As always - I'm grateful.

I don't know why Kitty. As far as the internet is concerned there's no such page. It's not a Xara issue. Is the url below your home page / root directory. If not can you supply a link to your home page?

http://www.globalwealthdevelopment.com/
    Egg