Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing a web?

Although I have been making my own web sites for about 20 years, I've used OLD software such as Frontpage through the years (simple, but served my purposes). I just bought Xara web design a few days ago and am looking forward to moving myself out of the stone age web software. I found the place where I can import a web by entering the URL -- however it only imports one page at a time. I don't want to do it one page at a time -- too many to do! How do I import a whole web at one time (with all the files, folders, graphics, etc.)? Not only do I have multiple previously created web sites to import and re-design, but I also want to be able to purchase web templates from online. Yes, Xara has a nice gallery of templates available, but I want to be able to use others I see elsewhere. I've looked through the manual and can't find anything that addresses this issue. Can only find info about importing templates from Xara's catalog.

Default Re: Importing a web?

Hi Deb, welcome to Talk Graphics, which version ox Xara web designer did you get?

Ciao

Roly

Hi Deb and Welcome to TalkGraphics

You can only import a page at a time and then only the visible parts of the page.

Considering your sites are probably pretty old by now, this would be a good time to start fresh with a newer cleaner look.

There are a lot of templates and fully designed websites that you can start with and alter as need be.

Or if you are adventurous, just start from scratch.

We're here to help if you have questions.

Xara Web Designer 365

What about importing other web templates? If I purchase one from online, does that mean it can also only be imported one page at a time and without the other folders? Xara will only open templates created by Xara? Back to the importing a website....yes, all my personal web sites are very old and need to be rebuilt from scratch basically. Should be easy to do. But, the company has a current website...built by someone else...that we want to import and change (update). it currently has something like 80+ pages and we want to get down to a simple 5-6 page web. Not sure if I can find out what program was used to make it (I doubt it was Xara). So, even though it is a modern web, sounds like from what has been said, it too can not be import fully. I did import one page just as a test. Am I right in assuming that if I import other pages, they won't be linked or anything? Since we are going to make such a drastic change/reduction anyway to the web, it's not a big thing to worry about.