Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Richard,
    Background's looking great. I guess any project that is going to really stand out demands a lot of work. Keep it up...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Well, when I get home tonight I will post the new and improved backgroud. I took John's advice (unlike that fact that I did not take John's advice on my cape idea! ) and it's now a heafty 3500 X 2500 vector, fractal and bitmap (copies of the stars) illustration. Looks quite good. I still have a couple more tweaks to do to it but it's almost finished.

Thanks for the 'push' John!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"Thanks for the 'push' John!" - Richard

Hi Richard,

I have found that I am pretty good at that... You, Risto, and problably many others...
    John/DOT

Please check out the updated BG and Wireframe on the previous page............
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Richard,

Now it looks like a shot from the hubble space telescope (only less blurry). Good job so far.

Now to fix that cape....
    John/DOT

Thanks John! and NO!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,
    The background looks awesome! The effort, in my opinion, was worth it! How about a two frame animated gif with the large stars twinkling? (maybe?)
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Background completed I think! Hell, you never know with me! I think I need to be on Ritaline or something sometimes. My mind never stops and always wants to keep doing things better and better. Maybe I was God in a past life!!

You never know!!

Anywhoooo.... This view is at about a 15% size and then I took a screenshot of it. One of the things I really love about this version is that it is VERY multidimentional. There are many layers and in each layer there are layer upon layer of fractal, transparecies and stars of various shapes and sizes and densities to give it a more natural depth. I'm VERY pleased with this effect. I attempted about 10 version with various color schemes and what not but in the end I thought I needed to simplify it all and bring it down to black and red as the color scheme and it seemed to be the magic pill for bringing it all together! The size of the 'vector painting' is 4000 X 2500 pix, not sure what that works out to being but it's pretty big inch wise. So if this turns out as well as I hope it will then I will have a poster printed of it and framed eventually. Who know's when that will happen, but that's the plan! :P

The reason I decided to go with some red effects instead of the blue effects is he is supposed to be a being crying up to God and the Universe, very powerful and there is anger and sadness in there so Red is an appropriate color. Plus with all the energy coming off of him I would think that as it eminates away from his body the view we see everything around him as having a sort of red haze to it. At least in my way of seeing things it would.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UniversalBeing_BG_-_Red.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	18939  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Here is a study of the 'vector painting' at 100%!!

There is so much texture and movement in this little 600 X 600 square, I LOVE IT!!

Name:	UniversalBeing_BG_-_Red_-_Seamless.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	1157  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Here is the wire frame. There's not allot to see as there are many, many layers of frantals stacked on top of each other with layers of stars sandwiched. You can see I switched from oval shapes filled with just SOME (one layer only) of bitmap stars to rectangles, with feathering and fractal transparencey it really was much easier to get them spread out the way I wanted them with out too much overlapping.

Let me know what you think!

Name:	UniversalBeing_BG_-_Red_-_WF.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	3383  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---