Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grafixman:
    For the cape, how about arranging it so that the bottom corner is in front of the leg, instead of having it all behind the figure? I remember somewhere that the artist who created Spawn used this trick a lot so he wouldn't have to draw the full figure everytime. I wouldn't know how to exactly go about this, though. Perhaps create an irregular shape in front of the leg, copy that part of the cape then clipview it to the shape?
    Suggestions are just suggestions. Go with your own ideas. It would be interesting to see the final version. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one can draw like Todd McFarlane and I wouldn't even try to out do what he can do with a cape!!

If you study the figure you will see that both of his shoulders are extended in such a way that the cape is FORCED to flow behind him. I extended it to create a much larger, out of the ball park size so the front ends of it are curling up. The design is still not completely in place, probably will see new ways to have the front ends flowing but for now it's good.

The older cape that is super-imposed originaly had the one screen side corner in front of the leg and it looked so forced. It was one of the many reasons that I decided to re-create the cape in the first place.

Thanks for the input and compliments, much appreciated!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

No the meeting established that I have a life outside of the salon and that includes my art work. Mike was completely blown away by my work that he saw on my site and those were just most of my earlier stuff. Just wait untill my new site gets put up, it's gonna have my Mom's Angel, the improved Rusted Eye Wall, the Phoenix and the Space Being as well as the Meremaid that I'm going to be starting just as soon as I finish up with the Space Being. No, there WILL be time for this. I need my "soul food" dude!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Okay... okay... We will see how much free time you have in six months...

Why do you think management is not paid hourly? No company can afford to pay management for the hours they have to spend on the job...
    John/DOT

Hi Richard,
    The cape looks very good ... I'm not so sure about the curly cues at the ends (very disneyesque) ... but I'm sure the finished product will be fabulous.

Updated Cape Design

Your right Ed. I wouldn't say Disney was the first thing that came to mind but not as 'serious' as I would want it to look. So I did away with the curley cues and redesigned the folds a bit more.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks to you and John for your input, very much appreciated!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture001.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	7610  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,
    This is going to be an awesome drawing. I'm starting to see movement as well as the details developing. Great work.
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Hey THANKS Ron!! Yea, it's coming along at this point, I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Richard,

I would loose the stars on the outisde of the cape. Maybe a folded nature scene or some regal emblishments on the outside. Looks like he lost a battle with clorox... He has spots not stars... Just a gut feeling...

I do not like the claws on the ends of the cape... does not go for me. looks too much like bats wings...

Do not get me wrong, these are just gut feelings of mine, which matter not at all if you are happy with it.
    John/DOT

Hiya John,

Thanks for the input! The stars stay as his cape will eventually have areas that will blend in with the background. He is after all the "Space Being", made up of energy and the universal elements. So they stay.

I'm not 100% sure on the cape structure yet either but I do like it better than the one that had the "curley cues" on it. Ed didn't care for them either. I don't want to spend too much time on this element as the focal point is the character but I suppose if it's going to be part of the image it's gotta be good!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hey Richard ...
    I like the overall shape of the cape much better now ... no Disney ... more "Todd McFarlane"

Looking forward to more updates