Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Looking Very Cool Richard. Very cool! Should be done soon... maybe possibly...
    John/DOT

The anatomy comes through strong, excellent work.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Yea, looks very cool so far Richard... nice colors, and shaping... great stuff

Thanks so much John, Ron and James for taking another look. My fans may not be many but they are loyal!!

Now tell me, what do you guys think of the new cape design?? I rather like it. As you can see each fold of the material is a vector shape so I can do more with it and I think it flows much better, not as stiff looking. I superimposed the old cape using Bleach transparency so you can compare. Hope it doesn't look TOO confusing to you. If so I'll repost with out the old cape there.

Thanks again for looking!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cape_Examples.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	16420  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

"My fans may not be many but they are loyal!!" - Richard

If you want more fans, you can get those box fans pretty cheap at Kame-apart. I think I saw them on sale for about $11.99 but they only have 3 speeds.
    John/DOT

No I get my 'box fans' at Homo Depot!! Thank you very much!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

hi richard,

The vetor cape is 100% better than the old one. I like it! I like it! Definently flows much better.

While I was looking at your masterpiece it dawned on me a way to get the folds to looks really good... Take a sheet, throw it on the bed, and pinch it into a general cape shape. Take a pic, and you have the highlights and shadows for your cape.

Your cape looks awesome, but it does look drawn... The highlights and shadows are much too abrupt. I feel you where trying for a more realistic "feel". If you are interested, I can email you the .xar of Diane, so you can see how I got folds in the white shirt to look semi realistic.
    John/DOT

Hiya John,

Oh, don't worry my friend. The folds and all that will be just fine when I'm finished with it. All that your seeing is a sketch that I did in Photoshop, saved as a PNG (with transparency), imported in and used as a template. The shapes where not very exciting by themselves so I used flat transparency on the vector shapes to allow for the sketch to come through so y'all could see the form I am aiming at. I always use light sources and I DO use natural cloth thrown this way or that for more natural resource material. But I thank you for the offer of sending me Diane but I think I got it covered here pretty well so far.

I'm going to be taking over as manager at the salon I work for. My friend that owns the salon is selling it in preperation to move to Scotsdale Arizona to marry and live with his lady love. So I'm relieved that the meeting went very well. The man that will be buying it is Eliezer's cousin, so they are keeping it in the family but I will be the main man keeping things running smoothly (I hope I don't scare anyone away! :eek ).
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I know you've been working on this one for quite some time. It's definitely worth the effort. Looks wonderful here . For the cape, how about arranging it so that the bottom corner is in front of the leg, instead of having it all behind the figure? I remember somewhere that the artist who created Spawn used this trick a lot so he wouldn't have to draw the full figure everytime. I wouldn't know how to exactly go about this, though. Perhaps create an irregular shape in front of the leg, copy that part of the cape then clipview it to the shape?
    Suggestions are just suggestions. Go with your own ideas. It would be interesting to see the final version.

Hi Richard,

Congrats on being selected manager... Now you will have little or no time to draw...
    John/DOT