Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Look Good Richard!

I feel you need a little more work on the head area. I can not make out much. The feet area does not blend in well with the platform. I like it, it looks good. Just a few areas that need to be reviewed. The sky and planet are awesome!
    John/DOT

Hi John,

Thanks for the comments. The body is still very much in need of work. The image is about 25" X 30" so shrunk down like this you loose ALLOT of detail for sure!! I'm not sure how I'm going to present him when I'm finished. I think I will have to upload a larger (not the full sized version, a version about half the size of the full sized original) up onto my web site and link it here so you can study it a bit more.

The face is my face and I was working off of it as a template, scary , and I know I need to add in the nose and mouth and work on the eye area a bit more but then again the eyes are like energy areas, notice the beams streaming out of them! Hey, at least the hands are showing up pretty good, they were a real challenge for me. The feet are really boots and I'm still kicking around the idea of having a full costume on him and then the boots would be different from the stary body look (which hasn't been applied yet. The Body will be done similarly as the cape but with a more blue based background so he stands out as I intended.

I created about 6 fills and chose 2 of them to work with. The larger one is the background and the smaller one is for the body/maybe costume/cape. Still going to add in a couple of more strategically placed planet's further out and some star bursts to really heighten the Deep Space feel and of course the fractals need some defining as well, kinda drifting by..... It's fun and he's coming together pretty nicely.

Thanks again for the input and compliments!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,
    It's really developing, but I'll hold commenting for now. I've never tried this type of drawing, although I'm a scifi nut. It's looking better and better...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Thanks Ron!

The cape bothers me a tiny bit but I guess I wanted it to look like a solar sail so it's got that blown out full look to it with a tiny bit of movement. What do you think about it so far??
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Richard,

Why don't you try posting a half size drawing into one of the galleries here. Instead of the regular forum. Then when you doubleclick on it, you can see your speace being in glorious half size...
    John/DOT

Space Being Update 6

Little by little!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpaceBeing_Update_6.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	3830  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yes,
    I can see the face now, it looks fantastic. Some more detail on the body and face and it will be awesome! Planet looks terrific.
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Looking Way Cool Richard, Way Cool... Dr Smith Meets the invisible man. (Danger, Danger Will Robinson. Don't mind me, I am just lost in space)
    John/DOT

Haven't given up yet. Busy busy busy and fighting a nasty cold. Just so you know, still on the top of my art projects list!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I've spent the better part of the day working away at this project of mine. I feel like I had a break through in creating a somewhat organic feel to the shadings and textures, even though he's not really supposed to be human.

I have the legs just about finished.............

Comments welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpaceBeing_Update_7.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	18443  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---