Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Me...

Say anything...

Awe come on...
    John/DOT

Hiya John,

Oh, don't worry my friend. The folds and all that will be just fine when I'm finished with it. All that your seeing is a sketch that I did in Photoshop, saved as a PNG (with transparency), imported in and used as a template. The shapes where not very exciting by themselves so I used flat transparency on the vector shapes to allow for the sketch to come through so y'all could see the form I am aiming at. I always use light sources and I DO use natural cloth thrown this way or that for more natural resource material. But I thank you for the offer of sending me Diane but I think I got it covered here pretty well so far.

I'm going to be taking over as manager at the salon I work for. My friend that owns the salon is selling it in preperation to move to Scotsdale Arizona to marry and live with his lady love. So I'm relieved that the meeting went very well. The man that will be buying it is Eliezer's cousin, so they are keeping it in the family but I will be the main man keeping things running smoothly (I hope I don't scare anyone away! :eek ).
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,
    Really coming along! Cannot wait for the finished work>
    ron<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    Moving right along................

Finished with the main form. As you can see in the provided example (SpaceBeing WireSolid.jpg) it's really quite simple in it's structure but it took a while to get there. While there is more to do in the musculature build (mostly in the legs) his body is complete (besides the EFX I will add to his "skin" to make him look like a "space being" {composed of stars and fractalized blacks and what not extra stuff ).

Now all that's left to do (besides the above) is modify the cape to fit around the body more naturally, the mantle and then figure out what the heck I'm doing about the background objects, which WILL tie in with the main character. It's more wait and see (even for me!! )!!

Thanks for the kind words all!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Looking good Richard

Thanks Ron,

Yes, believe it or not. It's my nose and it's a very strange shape. There are some blending shapes I still have to apply to those areas but that's the nose. Also there is a little more of the right (left screen side) that I have to place but other than that... DONE!

My first client called and moved to next Saturday so I am busy getting the neck in place right now!!

Looking better by the hour!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

you may keep going on and on and on and....well you understand. but each time you do something to it Richard it just keeps getting better and better and better and......... just keep us upto date. thanks for sharing Richard. adult add huh? this project just proves that it is all in your head.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Look Good Richard!

I feel you need a little more work on the head area. I can not make out much. The feet area does not blend in well with the platform. I like it, it looks good. Just a few areas that need to be reviewed. The sky and planet are awesome!
    John/DOT

Hi John,

Thanks for the comments. The body is still very much in need of work. The image is about 25" X 30" so shrunk down like this you loose ALLOT of detail for sure!! I'm not sure how I'm going to present him when I'm finished. I think I will have to upload a larger (not the full sized version, a version about half the size of the full sized original) up onto my web site and link it here so you can study it a bit more.

The face is my face and I was working off of it as a template, scary , and I know I need to add in the nose and mouth and work on the eye area a bit more but then again the eyes are like energy areas, notice the beams streaming out of them! Hey, at least the hands are showing up pretty good, they were a real challenge for me. The feet are really boots and I'm still kicking around the idea of having a full costume on him and then the boots would be different from the stary body look (which hasn't been applied yet. The Body will be done similarly as the cape but with a more blue based background so he stands out as I intended.

I created about 6 fills and chose 2 of them to work with. The larger one is the background and the smaller one is for the body/maybe costume/cape. Still going to add in a couple of more strategically placed planet's further out and some star bursts to really heighten the Deep Space feel and of course the fractals need some defining as well, kinda drifting by..... It's fun and he's coming together pretty nicely.

Thanks again for the input and compliments!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Love the cape... I already told you what I thought of the border...
    John/DOT

You Crack me up...
    John/DOT