Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

OK, planets and star trail are in place. Not asking for advice but wanted to share this next step. Boy was this a fun day for me. I really enjoyed making the Saturn type planet, that was fun (no, seriously! ) and the Star Trail just happened as something that was in the back of my mind and I thought it looked good when I created it, so in it went!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UniversalBeing_BG_w_Planets_S.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	20061  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard looks Awesome looking foward to seeing it complete. enjoyed watching this come to life step by step.!

mike
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Hi Richard,

Looking very good!!!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Wow, that was a fast, I must be at the top of some folks "check in" list. Thanks for the kind words!

Funny, I JUST got around to reading my personalized horoscope that I get daily from Astro Center.com and it says today was the day to do what I love to do!! How perfect! It was a really fun day and I got the evening to keep going!!

In actuality I still have a ways to go on the figure of the Universal Being himself but I figure if I got all the other elements finished or nearly finished then when I get back to the main character then I would have all the other pressures off of my mind of other elements in the 'vector painting'. As it is I think I'm running low on other elements but now with the planets in place I think I just may have to change the cape after all! Oh well, more fun ahead!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Richard, looks great... One small suggestions to try... On the Saturn type planet, could you try making the inner and out circles of the rings a shape and filling it with a fractal? It would put a couple breaks in the "lines" around the planet. Ever so slight but enough to know it was not two lines...
    John/DOT

Richard,
    Awesome background! Love the use of colors and fractals in the planets. Your the experienced one here, but I wonder if you might be able to do a little more with the rings on the one planet? This drawing is just fantastic! Can't wait to see the figure finished...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Thanks again for the suggestions and comments.

The interesting thing is that the Saturn type planet's rings DO have Fractal Cloud Transparnecy applied but when at that 15% zoom level it looks like solid lines!!

Here's a screen shot taken at 100% zoom! It's not as broken up as I'm sure you and John are suggesting and I may go back later and test that out but those lines are buried under all the stars and not all that easy to get too! This is where my suggestion and I can't remember who was it that fleshed it out more for implementing an Object Gallery so that ALL objects are listed and editable at any time with out having to ungroup and move other elements out of the way in order to get to it!! Hope to GOD Charles has this securely on his "to do" list for the next release!!

Oh crap, I guess I will have to dig anyways, I just noticed that the stars in the ringed area are not in front of the planet. Damn!! Oh well! Guess I need to fix that before I forget! Sigh...........

Name:	Saturn_Type_Planet.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	9035  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,
    What about creating a solid ring that would fill the space between the existing rings, make it a rainbow colored eliptical fill with a partial transparency? Maybe?
    ron

Xara's Facebook

Richard
    The project is getting more and more fantastic with each posting. A truley great piece of work.
    The only thing that I would suggest is perhaps to lose the Star cluster speckling around the large planet. Why not try just a hint of atmosphere instead (overdone here), which would still maintain the planets edge? Just a suggestion.
    Egg

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	15822  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Richard,
    This is looking fantastic!
    How about this for a possibility: Reduce the being by 10%, move the small planet in the upper left corner down to the lower left corner, move the large planet up to left center. Other than reducing the size of the space being, I wouldn't change any of the proportions. MAN, this drawing is gonna be so awesome!
    ron

Xara's Facebook