Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Hi all,

Been working away at my "Space Being", boy oh boy is he going through some MAJOR changes (No, he's still Male! )

From the links below these are from the Stop and Post thread on the other page:

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...ga&ul=67010171

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...ga&ul=48010002

So if you want to view the first and second pics without having to peruse that thread (which is worth perusing! ) then those links will load just the images.

Here is the third installment. My digital camera and I, as the model, created about 20 posed shots of me, I then chose the one I liked best and then into Photoshop to remove the background and saved it as a png with alpha and imported into that into the Space Being file in XaraX. As much as I would like to think I can create all this from my head, I can't. I need a model and lots of reference material and while I have plenty of books to refer too nothing beats a live model and so I chose me, considering I'm the only one that would model for me and I just happen to have an OK body for this sort of image. No I'm not bragging, believe me, pastey white skin aint all that pretty and I got that middle age gut started that I lovingly refer to as my 4 months pregnant gut!

As you can sorta see the hand positioning is finished. Despite how my hands are positioned the ones I created from a different reference image are perfect for what I am aiming for. Those darned hands took me quite a while to create and are pretty accurate, so far!

My legs did not make it into the shot and I like the leg structure of the model that I used (shown in the second image) and very close to my own leg structure actually.

The final image will be a being with a star filled body type of effect and some energy bursts coming out of his eye sockets and mouth up to the heavens and I'm not at all sure about the background yet, probably some more galactic stuff or maybe something else, you'll just have to wait and see!! As will I!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpaceBeing_Update_Pic.jpg 
Views:	1653 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	10911  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

As long as they have clothes on I think your fine John!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Another update. Nose looks better, eyes done, eyelashes and neck coming along. Did the eyebrows but they looked not so good so I will wait to do those another day, not in a hurry right now.

Redid the shape of the eyes a bit and changed things. I think he's begining to get a kinda 3D look finally!

Name:	Head_Shot_3.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	13843  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Richard,

I would loose the stars on the outisde of the cape. Maybe a folded nature scene or some regal emblishments on the outside. Looks like he lost a battle with clorox... He has spots not stars... Just a gut feeling...

I do not like the claws on the ends of the cape... does not go for me. looks too much like bats wings...

Do not get me wrong, these are just gut feelings of mine, which matter not at all if you are happy with it.
    John/DOT

Thanks again for the suggestions and comments.

The interesting thing is that the Saturn type planet's rings DO have Fractal Cloud Transparnecy applied but when at that 15% zoom level it looks like solid lines!!

Here's a screen shot taken at 100% zoom! It's not as broken up as I'm sure you and John are suggesting and I may go back later and test that out but those lines are buried under all the stars and not all that easy to get too! This is where my suggestion and I can't remember who was it that fleshed it out more for implementing an Object Gallery so that ALL objects are listed and editable at any time with out having to ungroup and move other elements out of the way in order to get to it!! Hope to GOD Charles has this securely on his "to do" list for the next release!!

Oh crap, I guess I will have to dig anyways, I just noticed that the stars in the ringed area are not in front of the planet. Damn!! Oh well! Guess I need to fix that before I forget! Sigh...........

Name:	Saturn_Type_Planet.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	9035  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

As I already stated, the nose will looked more rounded off when I get the blending objects in place.

Thanks for taking another look!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Looking Cool Richard, Looking Cool. Keep it up, do not get distracted...
    John/DOT

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for sharing the "process" with us ... I wish some of the other talented illustrators would do the same

-Ed.

Hiya Mike,

At this point I have to finish the main character and then I will be finished and post the finished image.

Thanks for taking a look, again!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Well...

don't just tease... at least flash a little bit...
    John/DOT