Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Hi all,

Been working away at my "Space Being", boy oh boy is he going through some MAJOR changes (No, he's still Male! )

From the links below these are from the Stop and Post thread on the other page:

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...ga&ul=67010171

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...ga&ul=48010002

So if you want to view the first and second pics without having to peruse that thread (which is worth perusing! ) then those links will load just the images.

Here is the third installment. My digital camera and I, as the model, created about 20 posed shots of me, I then chose the one I liked best and then into Photoshop to remove the background and saved it as a png with alpha and imported into that into the Space Being file in XaraX. As much as I would like to think I can create all this from my head, I can't. I need a model and lots of reference material and while I have plenty of books to refer too nothing beats a live model and so I chose me, considering I'm the only one that would model for me and I just happen to have an OK body for this sort of image. No I'm not bragging, believe me, pastey white skin aint all that pretty and I got that middle age gut started that I lovingly refer to as my 4 months pregnant gut!

As you can sorta see the hand positioning is finished. Despite how my hands are positioned the ones I created from a different reference image are perfect for what I am aiming for. Those darned hands took me quite a while to create and are pretty accurate, so far!

My legs did not make it into the shot and I like the leg structure of the model that I used (shown in the second image) and very close to my own leg structure actually.

The final image will be a being with a star filled body type of effect and some energy bursts coming out of his eye sockets and mouth up to the heavens and I'm not at all sure about the background yet, probably some more galactic stuff or maybe something else, you'll just have to wait and see!! As will I!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpaceBeing_Update_Pic.jpg 
Views:	1651 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	10911  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi all,

Been working away at my "Space Being", boy oh boy is he going through some MAJOR changes (No, he's still Male! )

From the links below these are from the Stop and Post thread on the other page:

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...ga&ul=67010171

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...ga&ul=48010002

So if you want to view the first and second pics without having to peruse that thread (which is worth perusing! ) then those links will load just the images.

Here is the third installment. My digital camera and I, as the model, created about 20 posed shots of me, I then chose the one I liked best and then into Photoshop to remove the background and saved it as a png with alpha and imported into that into the Space Being file in XaraX. As much as I would like to think I can create all this from my head, I can't. I need a model and lots of reference material and while I have plenty of books to refer too nothing beats a live model and so I chose me, considering I'm the only one that would model for me and I just happen to have an OK body for this sort of image. No I'm not bragging, believe me, pastey white skin aint all that pretty and I got that middle age gut started that I lovingly refer to as my 4 months pregnant gut!

As you can sorta see the hand positioning is finished. Despite how my hands are positioned the ones I created from a different reference image are perfect for what I am aiming for. Those darned hands took me quite a while to create and are pretty accurate, so far!

My legs did not make it into the shot and I like the leg structure of the model that I used (shown in the second image) and very close to my own leg structure actually.

The final image will be a being with a star filled body type of effect and some energy bursts coming out of his eye sockets and mouth up to the heavens and I'm not at all sure about the background yet, probably some more galactic stuff or maybe something else, you'll just have to wait and see!! As will I!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Here are the hands up close. Remember, they are not finished but the vector stuff was a bit of work.

This sort of detail work really makes you appreciate how much devotion and passion as folks like Ron, Valery and Vladimyr put into their creations. Mind boggling!!

Name:	Hands.jpg 
Views:	1613 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	17702  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard its lookin very nice Love to see the finished version when its done.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Richard,

Looking rather good there. Keep up the good work. Save often. I have attempted a complex picture like that once or twice and xara has choked and corrupted the file both times.

So... Keep making intermediary step saves. spaceman1, spaceman2 etc.
    John/DOT

Looks good, curious how it looks when its finished.

Jolande

Richard,
    Great work, it's REALLY progressing nicely. I'm impressed with the hands too. The human hand is one of the most difficult parts of the anatomy to draw life-like... Looking goooooood...
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

You GO Girl!

-Ed.

Really cool, Richard!

Can't wait to see where all the surprising and different turns of this project will take you.

Do show us the progression! It's always interesting to see the journey!

Moving right along................

Finished with the main form. As you can see in the provided example (SpaceBeing WireSolid.jpg) it's really quite simple in it's structure but it took a while to get there. While there is more to do in the musculature build (mostly in the legs) his body is complete (besides the EFX I will add to his "skin" to make him look like a "space being" {composed of stars and fractalized blacks and what not extra stuff ).

Now all that's left to do (besides the above) is modify the cape to fit around the body more naturally, the mantle and then figure out what the heck I'm doing about the background objects, which WILL tie in with the main character. It's more wait and see (even for me!! )!!

Thanks for the kind words all!!

Name:	SpaceBeing_WireSolid.jpg 
Views:	1420 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	19293  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---