Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Font copyrights

Default Re: Font copyrights

Hey Roly. I'm no lawyer either, but most free fonts downloaded from the Internet are free to use for personal and commercial projects. In most cases, when you download a free font, the download will include a text file with the license agree that explains this. Be more observative when downloading fonts, especially those you want to use in a project you want to sell and make money from.

Quote Originally Posted by customdesignguy View Post
    Hey Roly. I'm no lawyer either, but most free fonts downloaded from the Internet are free to use for personal and commercial projects. In most cases, when you download a free font, the download will include a text file with the license agree that explains this. Be more observative when downloading fonts, especially those you want to use in a project you want to sell and make money from.
    I wish people wouldn't spread this crap that is highlighted.

There are a few sites that have free fonts. Expressly free like Google fonts. Others have a mix of free for personal use and pay/donate for commercial use and these are sometimes explicitly noted--but even on DaFont I can find some that are marked free for personal use that are ripped off. Other sites could care less and offer "free" fonts with no restrictions that truly commercial fonts with no personal use provision license.

Mike

Hi customdesignguy and Mike, I have already bought the font, so my concern does not exist anymore.

Ciao

Roly

Yep. I know, Roly. Just responding to the newbie.