Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navbar - help for newbie

Hi

I have recently started using webdesign 365 and have used the round navbar from the content catalogue. I've changed the background colour to light grey and the text colour to blue to match the style of the website, and this shows up in the program, but when I check the website on "preview", the text has gone back to white until you mouseover it when it turns to blue.
    I also have a line of text in an ebedded font which does not appear in the "preview" until you mouseover it.
    I must be doing something basic wrong but can't work it out.
    Any help gratefully received.

Paul

Default Re: Navbar - help for newbie

Welcome to TG Paul.

Navbar buttons are on two layers, MouseOff & MouseOver. You'll need to change the colours on both layers. Alternatively, this navbar comes with the named colours Light Text and Theme Colour 1. Drag these named colours from the colour bar into the colour editor and adjust the colours there.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics Paul

Can you save a page with the nav bar and upload it here so we can have a look? Click Go Advanced at the bottom of this message window, then navigate to Manage Attachments. Then Add Files > Select Files. locate your .web file and click Open the Upload Files and Done.

What you might check before you go to all this trouble is go to Website Properties (attached) and see if the Link colors have been changed from how they appear in my screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link colors.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	116423  

Gary, the o/p is using a navbar in which by default the button shape & text are grouped and as such export as a bitmap, so the link colours will have no effect here.

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 06 March 2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah, got it. Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome to TG Paul.

Navbar buttons are on two layers, MouseOff & MouseOver. You'll need to change the colours on both layers. Alternatively, this navbar comes with the named colours Light Text and Theme Colour 1. Drag these named colours from the colour bar into the colour editor and adjust the colours there.
    Thank you - that must have been what I missed. Still can't work out the embedded font though - yet

Paul

In the Page & Layer Gallery, there is an S icon next to the layers. Click this S icon to isolate and show just what is on that layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isolate layer.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	116438  

Still can't work out the embedded font though - yet
    Not following that comment Paul?
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Not following that comment Paul?
    Sorry, my relative inexperience. I have a line of text in a non websafe font, which the program embeds. This line of text was one not showing. ALthough I didn't do it through the page/layer gallery, I did find that the other two lines of text had different attributes, so resetting them worked. Having now read up about the said gallery, I'll be able to do it that way next time!

Thanks for the assistance

Paul

Egg