Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another weird one

Hi Guys ( and Galls), I have been absent for some time this year due to not having any problems or the time to keep up with others experiences.
    Put together a website for the local pub http://redlioncradley.com and I know I have very long pages but it was an idea I had for continual scrolling which didn't work and will resolve it ...promise.

I have just posted some menu sheets (in the menu page) and on the site they have sections coloured blue and underlined as if they were links but there are no links set. If the page is magnified by popup the colouring disappears. The menus were xara pages and not Jpegs.

Any ideas????

Ken

Default Re: Another weird one

Nice 'trick' with the underlined text and, I would think, necessary to attract attention on these cluttered pages.

Mentorman would you care to help others and explain how you did the search bar on your site.
    Here is a link that you can expand on. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...search-feature

Hi Ken, I can't understand how you've done that. The small image on the page isn't the same as the Hislide pop-up one. There is also text on the page that links to the hislide pop-up too, hence the blue underline.

I suggest you delete that part of the page, re-introduce the large menu images, resize and relink to the hs pop-up photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu-oddity.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	116434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu-oddity.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	116433  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Behzad, I didn't realise I had a search box on the site. This maybe a definite sign of gremilins somewhere if it has suddenly appeard

Ken

Hi Boy, unfortunately I cannot take credit for the "trick" as you described it and as for the rest of the site it was as already stated not as successful as I wanted and a work in progress now.

As I always say all criticism is constructive (and welcomed)

regards Ken

Egg thanks for your usual sage advice and as I did put this up rather quickly this morning to co-incide with a new menu going live( website always the last to know) It would appear that I have truly messed up somewhere and I think the course of action is start again and see how it goes. It was such a weird result I was at a loss to see what caused it. Will let you know if I get it right.

Ken

Cheers Ken. As I stated it was such a strange result I couldn't even guess how it was made.

Could I add one point, your site looks fine on my desktop, but do you really think a 1900px wide web site is the best alternative? It works on my desktop, but on my laptop it requires harizontal scrolling.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

H Egg, fair point and as I am re-juggling it at the moment I will certainly make suggested adjustments oh mighty one!. Have solved the problem of the blue wording in the originally I placed copies of the actual menus that I put together in Xara for printing the actual menus as grouped graphics. I have now produced bitmap copies and substituted them and they work fine . So it must have been some sort of miss match with the design for the menus.

Thanks for the great input as per usual

Ken

Egg