Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Youtube How to draw a simple heart, cloud, tree and laural in illustrator - Feedback

Hey guys, i have made these tutorials and plan to make some more. If you have some spare time i would really appriciate if you would watch them and give some feedback on whats good and what can be improved. Thanks

[Link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 05 March 2017 at 05:47 PM.

Default Re: How to draw a simple heart, cloud, tree and laural in illustrator - Feedback

New members are not permitted links. Besides most of the members here use Xara graphics programs. This would be better suited to an Illustrator forum.

Default Re: How to draw a simple heart, cloud, tree and laural in illustrator - Feedback

[QUOTE=Hampmir;570427]Hey guys, i have made these tutorials and plan to make some more. If you have some spare time i would really appriciate if you would watch them and give some feedback on whats good and what can be improved. Thanks

Hi Hamster—

Not only are links not permitted on first post, but posting disingenuous advertising beginning with "Hi Guys" is usually a tip-off that you're spamming this and probably other sites with the same message.

Why would anyone on a forum principally dedicated to Xara want to see an Illustrator tutorial?

I'll leave this up for you to read and reply for 48 hours. After that, this thread and you are going to go away.

Have a Nice Day!

Barbara B.
    Administrator
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Hampmir may indeed be a spammer, but your offhand treatment offers no proof, merely supposition.
    You could have used the actual name given, rather than "hamster" which seems to used in a derogatory fashion. The whole post whiffs of condescension ~ not really a great example to set, is it? People new to this site who might read this would probably be put off.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sorry my attentions were not to spam, i just need some feedback and i started looking for forums and found this one, you have to start somewhere right? I understand you are using Xara, thats why i posted this in the "general graphic talk" forum where it didnt say anything about xara. Sorry for the trouble

- also my name isnt hamster, its hampmir

@iamtheblues
    It said i should choose a username so thats why i havnt used my own name, i didnt know it was possible

Fair enough, Hampmir. We get very excited sometimes.

But the forum rules do not allow links for new members. If you participate in the community/forums for a few weeks then it is OK to post a link to your tutorial although as I said there are not too many Illustrator users here.

Thanks, Gary. Common sense prevails.

@Hampmir ~ if you add your preferred name after your posts, you'll probably find it helps.
    There are certainly a few Illustrator users on Talk Graphics, (I'm one of them). I'd be happy to see a new resource for learning more.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Welcome to TG Hampmir. Please don't be put off from this somewhat unfreindly reception, in general we're all freindly here but like most forums do get swamped with spam
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Also they're a few Illy users here contrary to what Gary states. Most vector users don't just use one piece of software for their drawings they have a few on their H/disc to meet all there needs. If I am doing a print run which uses a lot of large transparencies my first choice would be Illy for its more robust PDF's or if it is a simple D/sided brochure I would grab Xara.
    Design is thinking made visual.