Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .web file saved after uploading, where can I find the ,htm files it used to upload?

I am posting an update to a site and now it's total garbage. Garbled text and no pictures. I was searching for the htm /html files but all I can find is the (filename).web file. I am having the same issue with web designer vs11 and designer pro 12 Thanks for your help.

Default Re: .web file saved after uploading, where can I find the ,htm files it used to uploa

There should be a folder on your web host's server index_htm_files that contain your html documents and any related images and files.

If this folder is not in the root directory along with your index.htm file, your site will not display correctly.

There could be another cause of what you are seeing. Frequently ISPs cache site files and display the cached files instead of the updated files. Press F5 or Ctrl + F5 and see if this resolves the problem.

Additionally, if there are previous site files in your root directory, and some of these have the .html extension, the browser will load the .html versions first, even if they are older.