Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Skeletons in the closet.

So somewhere I got the hair brained idea that I wanted to build a page(resume style) in Wordpress. I decided that I would do it on my computer as a local host just so that I could mess around with and learn how to use Wordpress. I purchased two templates from a site that sells wp templates. One turned out to be a wp template, the other turned out not to be. After a week of trying to install the wp template I've decided that wp isn't even worth the hassle. I mean, I could build a site simply by coding it from the ground up faster than dealing with that crap. So my question here is, I feel like I've wasted money and time with my wp dreams, I should have just stuck with Xara or just built the damn thing from the ground up, is there any way for me to use the codes, or templates in Xara? Like I said, one template is just codes, the other is a wp template, but all the codes are there.

Default Re: Skeletons in the closet.

Sorry that is giving you so much trouble, I can tell you are irritated.
    Wish I could help but I do not do web or know anything about it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Short answer is no. However you may be able to use some of the assets in Xara. Look inside the template folder. It should contain various html files such as index.html etc. You can drag these from the Windows Explorer onto the Xara title bar and it will export the assets, but not in any order. There may also be an images folder, containg the used images.

Let's know how you got on.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

wordpress is a wonderful program for personal sites of the blogging kind, which is what it is meant for - there are hundreds of templates and plugins around, but you need to know where to look; even the free ones can be fairly flexible, eg inkblot which comes with goggle font capability for example

but if you want to customise you need to use a child theme - don't customise the main theme - and use the tools for this WP provides when inserting php and css coding into said child php and css files

and if you don't want a blogging/comic/sequential-post type web site, then yes, maybe it's just not the tool for the job... [as opposed to , say, 'crap' ]

be interesting to know which templates you are referring to

oh and you can easily do proper responsive sites in wordpress - not so xara I believe [egg will correct me if I'm wrong ]

it's because I don't build websites that I like wordpress because for what I need I don't have to; just choose some menu options and suitable plugins
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello Iggy, in your WordPress travels did you see a program called "TemplateToaster"? You can create responsive templates from scratch for any of the major CMSs. Although not as good as Xara WD you don't have to code and gives you a lot more design freedom. Just a thought.

Ditto re Artisteer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, I might have to come back to you for some instruction but I will look into your suggestion.

Thanks for the info Donald33. Looking into it right now.

Tell us how it goes in the long run. Fingers crossed!