Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky Discs!

Default Sticky Discs!

So I need to print CD labels. Is there anyway to set up my design pro to design and print CD labels?

Default Re: Sticky Discs!

Hi, You can download templates for the brand of template package you use, and they give the measurements for the vaious layouts. Jim p.s. I may have some floating around I will look see
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

I just looked and one place you can get templates is http://www.audiolabel.com/cd-label-template.html however I don't know anything about this site so just in case beware.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You could place a pdf template on the guides layer and it will not print.

Hi,

I used XAR templates for DVD and Jewelbox design. I think that they were in the components included with DPX11. I can't find them in DPX12, either in the content loaded from the DVD or in the on-line components. However, I may be mistaken. If no one else here has them with a previous version, then I probably used the ones that came with one of the Magix video programs, Movie Edit Pro or Video Pro X. These come with an old version of XaraExtreme to be able to create labels and jewelboxes.

Here is a listing as to what I found under the programs:
    (typical location of files: C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Movie Edit Pro 2016 Premium\coverlabel\Filters\ENG\PrintCenterFilter\T emplates)
    CD Carton Case (A4).xar
    CD Carton Case (US Letter).xar
    CD Jewelbox Booklet (A4).xar
    CD Jewelbox Booklet (US Letter).xar
    CD Jewelbox Cover (A4).xar
    CD Jewelbox Cover (US Letter).xar
    CD Jewelbox Cover+Inlay (A4).xar
    CD Jewelbox Cover+Inlay (US Letter).xar
    CD Jewelbox Cover+Inlay+Label (A4).xar
    CD Jewelbox Cover+Inlay+Label (US Letter).xar
    CD Single (A4).xar
    CD Single (US Letter).xar
    DVD Amaray Booklet (A4).xar
    DVD Amaray Booklet (US Letter).xar
    DVD Amaray Inlay (A4).xar
    DVD Amaray Inlay (US Letter).xar
    DVD Superjewelbox Booklet (A4).xar
    DVD Superjewelbox Booklet (US Letter).xar
    DVD Superjewelbox Inlay (A4).xar
    DVD Superjewelbox Inlay (US Letter).xar

I modified the designs and resized them to fit better with the CD labels that I have and I use CD Stomper to affix them. I export the image to jpg and import it into the labeling program, resize, adjust, and print. I do a similar process for the jewelbox - resized to print out to the size needed that I can then cut with scissors. Finding ready-made punch out jewelbox cards is getting difficult.

If you have one of these video programs, do a search for one of the above files.

Good luck.
    Last edited by browj2; 02 March 2017 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added path to files
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and information. I'm going to dig into movie edit pro and see if they have anything there. I didn't think about that seeing as I have the program but haven't had time to dig into it yet. It would be great though if Xara's online content had a template for CD's and DVD's though.

"It would be great though if Xara's online content had a template for CD's and DVD's " I agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I jest checked that my copy of Designer Pro 11 has CD labels but Designer Pro x(12/365) does not have. I do not have any other Magic software. So the labels did come at one time with Designer Pro. I wonder why they took them out?

Ray

Question Re: Sticky Discs!

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    I jest checked that my copy of Designer Pro 11 has CD labels but Designer Pro x(12/365) does not have. I do not have any other Magic software. So the labels did come at one time with Designer Pro. I wonder why they took them out?
    Ray
    Well you still have them and they can be used in XDPX365. They came under CD/DVD cover & label as Set 1 and Set 2.

They all follow the identical layout; the only difference is the graphic and text block position and font. All you need is the guide layer.

All I would do is scan in the sticky CD label paper to get the exact position and make my own template.

As to why, sacrificing these to save space so Xara could populate the DVD with the rest of the Designs?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm glad that I wasn't dreaming and that they did come with X11. I recently had to reinstall everything and only installed X12 so I couldn't check for the content. I wonder what else didn't make it from one version to the next. Xara should have left these in; they don't take that much space. Or, at least make them available as on-line content.

@Iggy: did you find the files? If you installed all of the extra content, they should be there. I think that XaraExtreme is accessible through the MEP burning software speed burn'R. While I'm thinking of it, if you have a Plus or Premium version, 3DMaker comes with the newer versions and is accessible somehow for titling.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)