Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop-up menu items in Xara Web Designer Premium 365

From what I can tell, it is NOT possible to configure submenus in Xara Web Designer Premium 365. It is easy to create (or import) beautiful navigation bars in this application. However, when I select "Pop-up menu style..." to add submenu items to my navigation bar, there is extremely limited control of what I can do.

Refer to the attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-submenus-not-configurable.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	116347

As you can see, it NOT possible to select a Web font (that was used in the main navigation bar). Instead, we are limited to only the standard "Web safe" fonts. Furthermore, it is NOT possible to change the justification of the text in the submenu. It's always flush left. I want the submenu text to be centered (as it is in the main navigation bar) and I want to use the same Web font that appears in the main navigation bar (in my case Open Sans).

Am I missing something, or are my observations correct? When the "Pop-up" items look totally different from the main navigation bar, the result is unattractive and unacceptable. Please advise ASAP because this issue may affect my decision about keeping the software or looking for a better application that supports the design of proper submenu buttons.

Default Re: Pop-up menu items in Xara Web Designer Premium 365

Welcome to TG Myron.

Am I missing something, or are my observations correct?
    No you're not missing anything, this is the situation. TG members have complained about the sub menu situation.

I tend to make my own due to this limitation.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I did this demonstration site several years ago www.gwpriester.com/menu-test

All the sub menus were done on pop up layers, one new layer for each sub menu, and a separate mouse over layer. Unfortunately, you can not do this with the new Stick feature. The layer structure is like this:

MouseOver-3
    SubMenu 3
    MouseOver-2
    SubMenu 2
    MouseOver-1
    SubMenu 1
    MouseOver
    MouseOff

I have attached a simple XAR file to show you how this works. If you are using Web Designer or get an error message about newer versions just ignore and open the file.

Preview the site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 27 February 2017 at 01:48 PM.

Thank you for your reply, gw. I am brand new to the Xara "community" and I am really surprised to learn that this is an old issue. How can the developers ignore an issue as important as Navigation Bar Sub-menus? In my mind, this is such a fundamental aspect of proper web design that it needs to be addressed at once. It's a "deal-breaker" for me, so I have requested a refund on my purchase of Web Designer Premium 365. It's unfortunate, because I really felt that I had found the "ultimate" web design tool for my skill set.

My refund for Xara Web Designer Premium 365 has been approved. I'm pleased to see that Xara honours their 30-day satisfaction guarantee.