Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting to PDF

Hi peeps, new poster here so apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place!

I've designed a Brochure for a recruitment consultancy in Xara Designer Pro X11, and when I export it the font does not display as it does within Xara.

I'm using the Google Font Open Sans which I believe is a pretty well-used font so am confused as to why it is importing incorrectly.

I can attach a copy of the pdf if it makes it easier for you to gauge the problem.

Regards,
    Stuart

Default Re: Exporting to PDF

Hi Stuart,

Yep, the PDF would be handy. But for a comparison, a screen shot or two from in XDP would also be handy.

It may still take the XAR file to figure out, but let's start with the PDF and some screen shots of what it looks like in XDP.

Mike

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your quick reply!

Ok, so here's a strange thing. I took the screenshot within Xara (attached) and then went to upload the file onto my web server so you could see the difference.

I then checked the URL in Chrome so I could copy & paste here (http://smartassistrecruitment.co.uk/...0Agreement.pdf) and low & behold it looks no different on the internet-based version of the pdf!!

So I have attached a secondary screenshot of the same pdf opened on my Windows 10 PC using Adobe Reader so you can see the difference I was orginally referring to!

Hope this makes sense lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	116325
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	116326

OK. Opening the PDF in Acrobat I am not seeing any problem. I also don't know which screen shot is which per se. Is the screen shot that displays a fuzzier/softer view of Open Sans the one for inside of XDP and the screen shot displaying a bolder type the one in Reader?

What is your screen resolution in Windows? What is Adobe Reader set to do with scaling in Preferences under the Page Display section? At least I assume those are the sections and that Reader has them as I am using Acrobat XI.

Mike

Sorry I should have been clearer on the screenshot differences! The one that is softer is XDP, and the the bolder type is Reader you are correct.

I'm running Windows 10 in 1920 x 1080 via a HDMI cable. I have attached a screenshot of the Page Display options on my Reader.

Regards,
    StuartClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ss2.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	116327

Try setting the display to be using the System Setting.

And use Reader outside of a browser.

That makes a difference that Mike, thanks a lot!