Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Brainstorming Session Required

Some of you may be aware that lately I have been having problems using TG. I have been (and still am) experiencing some unexpected errors when submitting posts.--Problems include:- --1. No carriage return or line spacing--everything I type comes out as a continuous stream--I cannot create paragraphs, making everything I type difficult to read.--Whilst I am typing everything looks normal on the screen, but after posting it's just a garbled mess.--2. I am unable to reply to posts with a quote-when I click on the icon to do so, I just see a spinning icon which just keeps on spinning.--3. I am unable to add attachments. When I attempt to upload a selected file I just get a message saying "www.talkgraphics says, "undefined".--4. I cannot add any smileys.--For a bit of background, I have recently installed a new 3 TB hard drive on my Desktop PC to replace one that had failed. As is my normal practice, I have created a partition on it:- so I now have a C: drive with Windows and an E: drive with personal data, so that should the drive fail, I won't lose everything.--It was suggested that as my problems with TG started after I installed the new drive, that the new drive may be responsible in some way for these anomalies. So it struck me that I could try using my laptop to post to TG, which I did, with no change, the problems listed above still persist.--As nobody else has reported similar problems, I am at a loss to work out what may be causing this.-- My keyboard is functioning normally when using it either offline, or on other forums that I visit.--Mike Wenz suggested deleting my browser cache, which I did, and also I tried using another browser, but the problems still occur.--The only other things I can think of that might possibly be the cause is that the fault might be my ip address, so I could possibly try using someone else's computer, or it might be a problem with my vpn. Otherwise, I'm at a loss.--I'd be grateful if any other member of TG could suggest any alternatives that I haven't tried, or if someone on the technical side of things at TG or a Moderator could make a suggestion or two--Or if I created a new TG account that the problem would resolve itself?----I'm running out of ideas here. Bob.-----EDIT-----the smiley was made manually using the colon and right bracket keys---
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Brainstorming Session Required

Bob are you using the default TG skin or the old one?

I stuck with the old one for a long time, but recently had to switch because smilies and bb code keystrokes stopped working, as well as 'reply with quote' button hanging

that said I did not get all the symptoms you list - which browsers did you use? - I'm using FFox - if you have scripting limited in your browser you do need to allow ajax.googleapis.com as well as talkgraphics.com for the board to function correctly
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the reply, Steve. I was using the old skin, but I've sloughed to the default.

I've inserted a smiley as a result, so things are looking up. How long I can stand the default skin is another matter, though...

I'll submit this and see how it looks.

Bob.

Well that seems to have cured the typesetting at least. I'll see how I get on with attachments after lunch.

2nd. Edit: Just to confirm that attachments and links are working normally again, now. Reply with quotes working as well, so I think I'm all set. Well done, Steve!
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 07 February 2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: 2nd. Edit
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I see you got attachment to work in another thead :

Did you know that, according to serif, a light interface is one of their most asked for enhancements - they are bringing it in, in the next upgrade

just shows that they take illustrators as seriously as photo/web guys - there's a good reason corel painter and artrage still default to grey

took me months to get used to the dark UI in xara, the light one being broken [for me] and now the forum seems to only work on the one.. still getting used to that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...