Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cannot export website

Hi, need help! Everytime I try to export my website I get an error message 'Access Violation Exception at' then asks me if I want to send an error report, which I do, then says, we've had a very serious error and then I have to quit. I have put a ticket into xara but so far no answer. Busy time for the club so really need to update the site
    Any advice? Thanks Chris

Default Re: Cannot export website

Ouch

Two things to try.

Can you export a new page? If so then something in the document may be become corrupted and may be causing the export issue.

Can you publish to a folder on your desktop and then use a FTP application such as Filezilla to upload the files to your web host's server?

Hi, I have tried previewing each page separately and sometimes they will export and then the next time not, and this after not doing any changes Xara have asked me to send them my files which I have just done so hopefully they will find the problem. If not will try your suggestion, thanks.

OK. Please share what you find out. It might help someone else who is having the same problem.

I tried exporting to a local folder, it still came up with the error but when I checked in the folder it had exported part of the website. I only have the one website but have a little practice one (couple of pages) that I try out new things on so I don't mess up my good one, everytime I open the xara program, it opens up the little practice one as well even though I close it every time. I have even tried deleting it, even out of my recycle bin and it still shows up. Just wondering if there is a problem with the program and not anything I've done with the website? Would uninstalling and reinstalling help?? Thanks Would it have anything to do with being a 'supersite'??

Would uninstalling and reinstalling help?
    Yes I would.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I uninstalled xara then reinstalled, no better. It did let me export a preview of one page, then the whole website (preview), then when I tried again, I got the error coming up. Xara can't find anything wrong with my files, I'm waiting on further info from them atm. Getting very frustrated.

This might not be the solution to your problem but it could be worth a try to clean your temp folder.
    Press WINDOWS + R
    Type cleanmgr
    Hit ENTER
    Select the drive with your temp folder and click OK.
    Check the box 'Temporary files' and click OK.

Good luck

Hi Siran, I just tried that but hasn't helped I have even downloaded the trial version of web Designer (I have premium) to see if it would work but still get the same error messages. Still waiting for more feedback from Xara but they evidently don't work weekends. Really miss having a second computer to try these things on. Getting very frustrated, always happens when you're the most busy Thanks Chris

Have found a solution to the problem, I have to right click on the program icon then click on run as administrator and then it works fine but I don't understand why it suddenly did this when I've been using the program for several months without doing this? But at least I can export