Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Multi-Monitor / Dual Screen Support

I might be missing something, but how does one simply expand the Xara program (latest designer 365) to fill both monitors and show a design window in each screen, or load two instances of the program, in Windows 10.

Is there any built in support for using multiple monitors effectively?

Currently I'm having to load the current version and maximise it into one screen, and load an older version and maximise it into the second screen - obviously this is a clunky and more resource hungry solution at best.

Any multi-screen words of wisdom will be well received!

Cheers,

M.

Default Re: Multi-Monitor / Dual Screen Support

I think, your best bet is to get a larger monitor and set that as a default main screen. I am waiting to hear others on this too.

While you first instance is opening, trying opening a second.

Another that might work is to open as second as administrator.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's possible but not really useful in my experience.

Set your dual monitor display Extend Display so you can drag the xara window across the two monitors

Set the document window to the size of one monitor.

Window / New View

Drag the second view to the other monitor.

You can set this view at a greater zoom, work on an object and it is also updated on the other, zoomed out, monitor.

But as I say I never use it in this mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dual-monitor.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	116294  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

the professional version of xara at least should have floating editing windows - you can float the dialogs, but not the editors

I think what egg suggested is the best you can do

opening two instances of the program is of no use if what you want is two view windows of the same editor [document]

of course extending display across the two monitors can cause problems in itself if they are not of the same resolution
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi, well I do have my reasons for this of course. I work on two seperate drawings at the same time, one you could imagine to be a massive pallet of components (technical parts actually) which I drag parts of to construct a drawing in the other.

Currently I do this successfully by loading v11 and v12 and maximizing them to each screen and dragging...but it's not ideal...and I like 'ideal'.

I just tried the cheat of rapidly opening two v12's and two instances did actually load, so I'll play around with that as it did seem like the system was going slowly when dragging between the two...will play more with this.

Thanks for your suggestion egg, I'm aware you can manually drag the Xara window out and align two views but it was all a bit niggly as the window was never truly maximized and the two views never perfectly split across the two monitors.

I geuss I was looking for a supported click and do solution some place.