Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Windows 10 Scaling causes blurring of the UI and of the document being viewed

Hello

I have just realised that my entire Xara user interface is blurred!

Background
    I have just installed Xara Designer Pro X10 on a new PC running Windows 10 Pro x64 and with a 27" high resolution (4K i.e. 3840 × 2160), which is running at at its native resolution.
    Unfortunately because the text in Windows comes out extremely small on my 4K screen, I am forced to Scale the entire Windows interface. I am using 200% Scaling.

But this makes all the text in the actual menus in Xara come out blurred!

When looking at my documents in Xara, at a Xara zoom of 100% the shapes don't seem too bad if I make them of an whole number of pixel dimensions and if also located at a whole number of pixels.
    However all the text in my Xara documents is blurring quite badly.

Out of desperation, I tried changing the properties of the link to Xara so that on the Compatibility tab I have ticked "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Now almost the entire UI has shrunk all the blurring disappears. But now the problems is that certain dropdown lists (e.g. "Set line width" and the "set zoom factor" still contain larger text and are quite hard to read....)

Is there any plan to fix these problems in future versions of Xara?

J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delme-XARA2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	116279
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delme-XARA.gif 
Views:	68 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	116280

Default Re: Windows 10 Scaling causes blurring of the UI and of the document being viewed

shipen, this Thread was put in moderation and slipped past us.
    Xara has advised that it is aware of this issue but other Posts indicate it is a low priority task, which at v15 does nor seem to have been resolved yet.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat