Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

Not much has changed since April 2017:
    LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

indeed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

We're now in 2020. Still nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    We're now in 2020. Still nothing?
    Looks like it.
    Downloaded the latest trial and it still has the same issue.
    I went with the solution of having the application set the dpi, but as others have mentioned, a lot of the copy in the UI then gets cropped.
    So I decided to dig in the registry settings. This is what I could find:

Disclaimer: Don't do this lightly. If you are not familiar with the registry editor, make a backup of your system first as you can cripple Windows if you don't know what you are doing.
    It's also a good idea to export the branch of the keys you are about to edit so if you do mess it up, you can import the old settings again.

If you are still confident enough to go through with this, open the registry editor and go to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePRO x64\17\Options\Fonts

Make sure Xara is closed before making any changes to the registry.
    Pretty much every key ending with "_Size" that has a 7, 8 or 9 value, I changed it to 4.
    As far as I can tell, that fixes most of the cropping issues. This may not be an issue if you have a large monitor, but on my Surface Pro, it is now super tiny. But at least I can actually read it.

And if you find the selection handles to tiny, you can set them here:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePRO x64\17\Options\Selection Blob Sizes

If you are just using a mouse, just doubling all the values is probably enough.
    For example, I set "Selected Blobs" from 3 to 6.

If you are using a pen and want an even larger hit area, multiplying all the values by 4 may do the trick.
    Same example, I set "Selected Blobs" from 3 to 12.

Of course, you can always customize it with other sizes to suit your preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrik View Post
    Looks like it.
    Downloaded the latest trial and it still has the same issue.
    I went with the solution of having the application set the dpi, but as others have mentioned, a lot of the copy in the UI then gets cropped.
    So I decided to dig in the registry settings. This is what I could find:

Disclaimer: Don't do this lightly. If you are not familiar with the registry editor, make a backup of your system first as you can cripple Windows if you don't know what you are doing.
    It's also a good idea to export the branch of the keys you are about to edit so if you do mess it up, you can import the old settings again.

If you are still confident enough to go through with this, open the registry editor and go to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePRO x64\17\Options\Fonts

Make sure Xara is closed before making any changes to the registry.
    Pretty much every key ending with "_Size" that has a 7, 8 or 9 value, I changed it to 4.
    As far as I can tell, that fixes most of the cropping issues. This may not be an issue if you have a large monitor, but on my Surface Pro, it is now super tiny. But at least I can actually read it.

And if you find the selection handles to tiny, you can set them here:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePRO x64\17\Options\Selection Blob Sizes

If you are just using a mouse, just doubling all the values is probably enough.
    For example, I set "Selected Blobs" from 3 to 6.

If you are using a pen and want an even larger hit area, multiplying all the values by 4 may do the trick.
    Same example, I set "Selected Blobs" from 3 to 12.

Of course, you can always customize it with other sizes to suit your preference.
    Many things you can customize with XarReg. Here is a downloadlink: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zitweeecd71a5j7/XaReg2.zip?dl=0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (17).png 
Views:	124 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	126659

Dear Xara Designer Pro users,

We’ve heard you!! Our desktop application Xara Designer Pro+ (get more information here and here) is ready to take off into the universe of high resolution

Therefore, we’re in search of volunteers who want to test Designer Pro+ on their 4k monitors or HD Laptops for one week.

When: Testing starts this Thursday, 06/11 - next Thursday 06/18

How: Volunteers will get access to our Designer Pro+ HiDPI beta version. The beta-version has full functionality scope and you can use it the way you use your current Designer Pro version. Whenever you encounter a bug or problem, you can take screenshots and feedback it directly to us.

Interested? PM me here on TG or write an email to: evak@xara.com

We’re looking forward to having you on board!

Thanks,
    Eva

Product Manager @Xara