Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

I wish you all the luck with this one.... personally I don't think xara have either the manpower or the resources to fix this, which would mean maJor overhaul to the UI

I would love to be proved wrong... but it seems to me they are totally wedded to photo-manipulation-and-web-design-for-the-undiscerning-masses
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

I had inquired of Xara about 6 months ago if they supported the 4K monitor. The answer was NO. That they MIGHT look into adding support in the future.

This is extremely disappointing.

I have started a Dear Xara thread.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...950#post577950

Personally there is zero chance of my paying to upgrade Xara unless it is 4K compatible.

With thanks

J

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I wish you all the luck with this one.... personally I don't think xara have either the manpower or the resources to fix this, which would mean maJor overhaul to the UI

I would love to be proved wrong... but it seems to me they are totally wedded to photo-manipulation-and-web-design-for-the-undiscerning-masses

?
    Sorry, Steve; this doesn't sound like an answer, more like something else.

Barbara B.
    Admin

Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Sorry, Steve; this doesn't sound like an answer, more like something else.
    What else would that be Barbara?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

of course it's an answer - in post #4 I suggested what I thought might be a possible solution; but it appears not... shipen really does want and need this feature, there have been other threads, and so I wished him luck with it

and I really don't think it will happen any time soon - see also Gary's post #12 directly after the one of mine in question

Xara have their hands more or less full keeping the web side of things up to date; Kate said as much a while back in respose to repeated requests from the drawing side of the community - I don't have a problem with that as such, it's where the money is currently... and xara web design is 'for the masses' in the sense that Dreamweaver or 'CSS based' it is not; 'undiscerning' I will admit is subjective... however, I am not going to try and hide my disappointment...

there was some progress just recently, drawing-wise, in respect of some partial typography implementation [ligatures], so it's not all bad news.. but it's the exception of late...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi everyone,

I can tell you that we have done a lot of work on this but it's not yet good enough to release - mainly because of problems with a third party library that we use.

Out of interest, notice that Online Designer, cloud.ixara.com, is able to make use of high-res displays...

Phil

Thank you for communicating about development, Phil!

cheers Phil.. that's good news
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the update.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022