Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

Thanks for the information, Phil!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

I have three monitor setup and the main screen is 4K and using Xara has gone from being a joy to eye-bleed

as more and more of us upgrade our hardware its going to become a much bigger issue

Good Luck to everyone trying to make this happen - SOON

Meanwhile, I am off to the optician to get some stronger glasses and try again to edit the curve I can't find the handles for lol

Perhaps increasing the size of the handles by using XaReg may help you as well. Download link is in the signature of Zaphodeist:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...794#post580794.

Last I heard, there was no support for 4K monitors. Xara is considering adding this but as of now I have not seen any.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Last I heard, there was no support for 4K monitors. Xara is considering adding this but as of now I have not seen any.
    Hello

Does the latest version of Xara Designer Pro (version 16??) support 4K monitors yet?

Background
    I have a 4K screen and I have more or less abandoned XDP due to the terrible interface when run on 4K screens combined with just how painfully slow it is to open. My slowest other application has always been Photoshop but XDP (v10) takes about 4 times longer to open than Photoshop!

Thanks

J

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    Hello

Does the latest version of Xara Designer Pro (version 16??) support 4K monitors yet?
    Unfortunately not (yet?).

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Unfortunately not (yet?).
    Gosh. That really is awful. It's been well over 2 year since I started this thread. Surely anyone seriously interested in graphics will have a high res monitor by now.

Xara management really do seem to have lost their way.

It is a shame. It makes one wonder if their management actually use the program as a professional designer might.

Not trying to be controversial, but in some ways I think Xara management are actually quite savvy. They appear to be squeezing every last drop of revenue out of their aging desktop program. By adding a few small peripheral bells and whistles every now and then, it keeps it looking (to the casual observer) refreshed and interesting.

btw I also mentioned the scaling issue (again) back in March (point 12):
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...197#post607197
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I've had issues with several programs since upgrading to 4K monitors, so I thought I'd share the fix I use to sort them out.

Right click on the application icon and select 'Properties'.

Select the 'Compatibility' tab.

Click the button 'Change high DPI settings'.

Tick the box 'Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings'.

Tick the box 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour.'

Select dropdown 'Scaling performed by: Application'

When you next run the application the text should not be blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by JWellbelove View Post
    I've had issues with several programs since upgrading to 4K monitors, so I thought I'd share the fix I use to sort them out.

Right click on the application icon and select 'Properties'.

Select the 'Compatibility' tab.

Click the button 'Change high DPI settings'.

Tick the box 'Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings'.

Tick the box 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour.'

Select dropdown 'Scaling performed by: Application'

When you next run the application the text should not be blurry.
    Yes, but the toolbar etc, will be absolutely tiny?