Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

I have a Surface Book running at native 3000x2000 resolution with a scaling of 200%. In both Xra Designer Pro X11 and Designer Pro x365, the scaling seems to work fine. In 10, I saw these issues as well - one of which was the pronounced when dragging items from the Button Pallet to the left sidebar - where the icons in their hovering dragged state were nowhere near where they would end up when dropped. It came out in other areas as well.

In x365 and DP11, neither of these are an issue here at the 200% scale. So, it seems that this is one of the things that was resolved in the newer versions that was not in 10. Can you check the new version demo to see if it fixes it for you?

Default Re: Problems with Windows Scaling (e.g. "200%") when using a high resolution (4K) scr

I have this same issue with my mobile site.
    I am watching this thread for answer..........

I downloaded the newest copy and it fixed the scaling problem but added a ton more
    Now I can not edit my widgets I already have on the pages or buttons with out forking over more money
    what a crock of BS

Hello

Is there a fix for this scaling problem yet?

Background:
    - I am trialling Xara Xara Designer Pro X ("12.6.2.49603 DL x64 Apr 25 2017")
    - I have a 4K screeen that I am running at "200%" scaling at the Windows (v10, x64) level.

It seems that my choices are:

1) by default, everything is slightly blurred. i.e. All the text boxes in the application AND the Xara file itself, everything is blurred (pixelated)

2) Tick "Override high scaling DPI behaviour. Scaling performed by:" Application
    ==> This makes Xara file sharp, but the text boxes in the Xara application itself doesn't fit and is unreadable

3) Tick "Override high scaling DPI behaviour. Scaling performed by:" System
    ==> This makes everything blurred (both the Xara text boxes and the Xara file are blurred)

4) 3) Tick "Override high scaling DPI behaviour. Scaling performed by:" System (enhanced)
    ==> This makes everything sharp... BUT Xara gets confused about how large objects are and everything starts to break.
    (e.g. if you click on an object to select it, the selection area is 4x the area of the object that is supposed to be selected... i.e. it's all a complete mess.

Is there a fix for this problem yet?

I own a copy of Xara DP v10. And I certainly won't be upgrading until this problem is fixed.

Cheers

J

I wish you all the luck with this one.... personally I don't think xara have either the manpower or the resources to fix this, which would mean maJor overhaul to the UI

I would love to be proved wrong... but it seems to me they are totally wedded to photo-manipulation-and-web-design-for-the-undiscerning-masses
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I wish you all the luck with this one.... personally I don't think xara have either the manpower or the resources to fix this, which would mean maJor overhaul to the UI

I would love to be proved wrong... but it seems to me they are totally wedded to photo-manipulation-and-web-design-for-the-undiscerning-masses

?
    Sorry, Steve; this doesn't sound like an answer, more like something else.

Barbara B.
    Admin

Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Sorry, Steve; this doesn't sound like an answer, more like something else.
    What else would that be Barbara?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I had inquired of Xara about 6 months ago if they supported the 4K monitor. The answer was NO. That they MIGHT look into adding support in the future.

This is extremely disappointing.

I have started a Dear Xara thread.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...950#post577950

Personally there is zero chance of my paying to upgrade Xara unless it is 4K compatible.

With thanks

J

Last I heard, there was no support for 4K monitors. Xara is considering adding this but as of now I have not seen any.