Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation and anchoring on single page site

Am using Xara 365 and went ahead with using one of the single page templates called Fresh. When I preview the site in browser (Firefox/Edge/Chrome/IE) the navigation appears not to take you to the right position the header of the section is off page or hidden under panel where the nav bar is located. I saw that and anchor is used and have been trying to work out how to adjust the positioning. I looked up a tutorial on anchoring but cannot see an anchor linked to any section. Not having used this before I am coming cap in hand to ask for help.

In anticipation - thanks very much

Default Re: Navigation and anchoring on single page site

Hi moonstardust, the anchor for the intro is the purple triangle in the circle next to the picture and welcome. It also has other features and is soft grouped. Instead of changing all that, make a new anchor, (in the attachment you will see a black circle at the very top of the page) so you would click the circle than click on the luggage tag at the top of the screen, I gave it the name anchor_intro, then you would add it then close the small screen. Then you would go to the navbar, double click on the intro line and in the web properties click the radio button link to anchor, then click on the small triangle to open the choices and click on anchor_intro, then click ok. Now go to preview, if you do not like where it brings you, move the black circle in this case down because if you go up you will be off the page and it will not be recognized. Now go to the page layer gallery, find the black eclipse and change the name to anchor intro, this will make it easier to find when you want to use it because since you no not want it to stay black over the picture I suggest you make it transparent in color (click the white box with black diagonal lines at the bottom left of the worksheet next to the eyedropper),and click clear fill color. You can repeat the procedure for all of the other links on the navbar to get them to go where you want.

Let us know how you make out.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roly!!

WONDERFUL!!!
    Its always a case of 'easy when you know how!' ..... thank you so much!!! Now I know how! Brilliant... I am so pleased and grateful...and for the time and trouble you have gone to as well. Could that be put on the Xara Zone tutorials...as it was very helpful am sure there may be others out there wondering how!

Hi moonstardust, your welcome and glad to hear the explanation put you back on track. As for being put on Xara Zone tutorials, I do not think that this is the type of tutorial that goes there, if someone searches for anchoring on this site they will find this thread.

Have a great day.

Ciao

Roly

Hi,
    I am recreating a club website which I have built up over some 10 years. It has over 30 pages some of which are very long with lots of photos and text. I previously used Seriff Webplus X8 when creating the original site. As well as the overall site Nav bar on each page, I had a 'list of the months of the year' where each month linked to the start of each months activities/photos. Is it possible to create 'anchors' throughout the individual pages of the website as they are far to long too scroll down all the time and if I broke those pages into 'sub-pages' I would end up with hundreds of pages?
    I have only been using Xara for two weeks and am finding the transition 'interesting'!
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Alan