Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Filter Forge full support

I've answered the same questions about locking effects, and making sure to point Designer Pro a fully 64 bit program to a legacy 32 bit version of Filter Forge because it can not run the 64 bit plugin, time and time again, here at TG, over at the FF forums and privately via pms. I think that spending the time to fix these issues and work with the FF developers is well worth Xara's time. The filter Library at Filter forge.com has nearly 12,000 filters they can generate photo realistic textures, patterns, photo effects and pretty much whatever else one can dream up. Please Xara, work with the FF developers and fix this issue and maybe Xara can become a supported host!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Filter Forge full support

+1

Ciao

Roly

+2
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

+3
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I just got an update of my Filter Forge 6 and Affinity Photo is now a supported host. Serif worked with FF and got things working quite quickly Xara has been dragging their heels for the last 3 years at least. If Xara were to become a supported host FF would automatically install as a plugin when you install it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

...and not for the first time from Magix/Xara, answer came there none.

Edit; You'd think that as the vector side of things has been left to stagnate, that they would jump at the chance to improve the photo side by adding nearly 12,000 filters to their product.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 01 March 2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks Frances, I downloaded the 30 day trial version to take a look. It seems to work well in AP.

Unfortunately try as I might, and following your instructions to ensure PGD points to the correct FF plugins folder, I can not get it working. I wonder if it’s because PGD is a 32bit app even though XDP is 64bit but only uses 32bit plugins or if the FF trial version is only 64bit?

Something possibly related is a fairly regular recurrence of the old bug where PGD 365 forgets which plugins have been installed. This results in having to go back into options and clicking the setup button again. Fortunately it still remembers the folders previously selected.

Do you think just the basic version of FF worth buying? Thanks.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Do you think just the basic version of FF worth buying?
    I don't but then I only have FF4 pro to go by.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Jono, I'm not sure about Photo and Graphics Designer. I use DP365 and it works fine (except for having to lock the effects. It's frustrating that Magix/Xara won't take the time to look into this and work with the FF developers. The only thing I can think of is to open a ticket with Xara support. The more voices that they hear asking for this the better!

I would recommend trying out the filter editor before your trial ends if you find that you like to create your own filters then I would suggest the standard version at least. here is a comparison of the different versions https://www.filterforge.com/buy/ And you can always use FF as a standalone program there is still lots you can do with the textures that it can create.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Frances and Larry. I’ve been having a go with the trial version and like it so far, but I’m just not sure at the moment if I’m really going to get into designing my own filters. Having said that I do like being able to adjust and download existing filters. I can imagine using FF directly within PGD would make a difference in the way I would use it. For me the ability to apply editable live effects and filters directly to vector shapes and bitmaps is one of Xara’s strongest features.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022