Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Re: Event Specific Index pages

Egg,

I want to thank you so much for creating the visual aid. Immediately seen the error in my procedure. The copy was correct. The paste was not. Instead of using File>New I was adding a new page with the "plus" tab and then Paste Page in the P&L gallery. That resulted in the weird structure.

And yes, the white page background at approximately 75% was intended... something just a little different from the rest.

Now past 0100 and time for bed,

Again, thank you,

Randy

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Re: Event Specific Index pages (14 February 2017, 12:02 AM)

Egg,

Again thank you very much for your previous post and visual aid you created for me.

Yesterday I attempted to re-create for myself what you instructed me on... yes, it was successful.

First I did copy my index page and create a new web page and paste the page and contents properly. That part seems sorted.

I then modified by removing certain content and adding new content. This initially appeared proper by viewing current web page. I then saved under new title (index_unique-name).

Following your instructions again; in Page & Layer Gallery, I copied index_unique-name.

At this time I wasn't sure what to do so I went back to the Page & Layer Gallery of the active website and then paste page index_unique-name in. Deleted original index page and adjusted Xara's auto corrected nav bar.

Again, results appeared correct when I previewed the current web page (SampleWCL_index01)... yet, when I previewed the whole website, the page was correct in regard to content but page size was double wide (SampleWCL_index02) while the rest of the web site was viewed properly (SampleWCL_index03).

I'm sure the issue I'm seeing in operator induced... but I don't know where or how. Your thoughts please.

Thanks

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SampleWCL_index03.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	116991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SampleWCL_index02.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	116992  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SampleWCL_index01.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	116993  

Hi Randy,

I'd really need to see the web/xar file to know for sure.

Try opening Utilities/Options/Page Size and check All pages in document the same.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host