Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default after sales service xara

hi there,
    I want to change over to Xara/Magix webdesign. if possible the Dutch version. but I read that the support/ aftersales services from the Dutch distributor is Crap. not answering mail or phone calls. registering problems on there site etc. even people ask to join to go to the Police and accuse them of fraud or wathever the may call it.

I don't know if I'm at the right place overhere because so far I could see this site is part of Xara LTD so not completely objective??

- how is the support by the American or English distributor in case of installation/ registration problems. (downloading contentpacks or updates)

- can I order a Dutch version from them?
    - if I want to order the additional dvd for $10 do they send them to Spain, where I live?
    - I saw that the upgrade offer last till end feb 2017. does that mean the new 2017 version is coming soon?
    - I have some knowledge of wyswyg website building but no knowledge of html at all. is it for sure I can make a Xara responsive website without any html coding or do I still have to "ad in some lines afterwards" ?

thank for your info in advanced

Default Re: after sales service xara

Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    We are non-aligned users of Xara products and don't mind telling Xara off.

I believe you can only order a Dutch version from Magix: http://www.xara.com/uk/products/localised/nl/.
    Try phoning for Koopadvies here +31 (0)35 - 80 80 227.

Magix is currently offering €10 of you click around the order page.

I would imagine if you are buying in Euros and are in the EU for a postal address, the 10 might just be enough as the CD sees to be €5.

There is no new 2017 version only a trickle of occasions updates so buy it anytime.

Xara achieves different viewer sizes by allowing Variants to be constructed. All WSYIWYG, no code.

Download a trial and try.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    We are non-aligned users of Xara products and don't mind telling Xara off.

I believe you can only order a Dutch version from Magix: http://www.xara.com/uk/products/localised/nl/.
    Try phoning for Koopadvies here +31 (0)35 - 80 80 227.

Magix is currently offering €10 of you click around the order page.

I would imagine if you are buying in Euros and are in the EU for a postal address, the 10 might just be enough as the CD sees to be €5.

There is no new 2017 version only a trickle of occasions updates so buy it anytime.

Xara achieves different viewer sizes by allowing Variants to be constructed. All WSYIWYG, no code.

Download a trial and try.

Acorn
    Hi Thanks for your quick response. but the telephone number is the one that were so much bad comments about (magix.NL). and when I order from the uk link you gave me, do they give support if I order the Dutch version from them or is it send from Holland and do I have to deal with them?

I know there is not a 2017 version yet but I assume it's coming soon because of the ending of the upgrade offers online?

just a new question is web designer premium 12 the same as web designer 365?

Hi Musicdiver and welcome to TalkGraphics. We seem to be neighbours. You are correct about Xara and TG, but you'll find that the posters here, although mostly fanboys of the Xara products, are not afraid to call a spade a shovel if needs be. I cannot answer the questions you raise about Web Designer, but Xara is a small company with limited resources which impact upon customer service from time to time.

I can guarantee that someone more knowledgeable than I will come along ere long to give you some advice.

Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

thanks. wait for some more info.

"how is the support by the American or English distributor in case of installation/ registration problems. (downloading contentpacks or updates)"

From my vantage point, horrible. I've been trying to get the copy of version 6 that I bought for about 8 days I think all told. I got one response from xara who promised me a new code after I proved I owned it. I did that about 3 days ago and have heard nothing from them. Facebook has no posts on it and doesn't offer any help. I don't care about the money I care about the total lack of regard for their customers.

I finally gave up this morning and purchased a copy of the new version--doing so with eyes wide open that support appears to be sub-par if not non existent. I love the product and have used it since 2009. I hate that the company has devolved into one that doesn't care and if you really have problems with the product.. the best course of action is to ask for a refund because you're not going to get company support.

I agree that having limited resources can be problematic, but I disagree that is the sole issue. I work for a company who is more than limited and i do customer service for several thousands of people. I know that a ticket response or an email saying,"i am working my second job but I will send you that as soon as I can" beats the heck out of totally ignoring them, thus proving that you just dont' care about the people who buy your products.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMacbeth View Post
    "how is the support by the American or English distributor in case of installation/ registration problems. (downloading contentpacks or updates)"

From my vantage point, horrible. I've been trying to get the copy of version 6 that I bought for about 8 days I think all told. I got one response from xara who promised me a new code after I proved I owned it. I did that about 3 days ago and have heard nothing from them. Facebook has no posts on it and doesn't offer any help. I don't care about the money I care about the total lack of regard for their customers.

I finally gave up this morning and purchased a copy of the new version--doing so with eyes wide open that support appears to be sub-par if not non existent. I love the product and have used it since 2009. I hate that the company has devolved into one that doesn't care and if you really have problems with the product.. the best course of action is to ask for a refund because you're not going to get company support.

I agree that having limited resources can be problematic, but I disagree that is the sole issue. I work for a company who is more than limited and i do customer service for several thousands of people. I know that a ticket response or an email saying,"i am working my second job but I will send you that as soon as I can" beats the heck out of totally ignoring them, thus proving that you just dont' care about the people who buy your products.
    so looks the same problem as the Dutch company who deals with Xara/magix in Holland. so as long it's working you're happy but if not ,
    then...

Hi Musicdiver - I'm afraid you can't order the Dutch language version from us at Xara, only English, although we can ship it to anywhere in the world. If you buy the Dutch language version from magix.com or one of their distributors then Magix will provide the support, if you buy the English language version (from wherever) then we will provide the support.

Web Designer Premium 365 and Web Designer Premium 12 are the same product. The '365' indicates that the software is offered with our 365 day Update Service. This means you get whatever version is on sale on that day plus access to any updates in the following 365 days (but conditions apply, see www.xara.com/update-service for details). So for example if you purchase from Xara today you'll get 12.4.1. This also means we no longer have big annual updates, just a series of incremental updates over time - so you don't need to worry about whether there is a big update just round the corner.

On the subject of support, I'm afraid we don't offer phone support, only free support via our ticket system at support.xara.com. You can generally expect a 1 - 2 working day turnaround on a support ticket from the Xara team, though Lady MacBeth's poor experience shows it can be slower (which I agree was unacceptable - we weren't able to fix her problems with Xara3D 6, offered to give her a free upgrade to v7 and then 3 days later still hadn't sent her the v7 serial number, despite prompting). It's not as fast as we'd like, but no-one has yet had to call the police!
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    Hi Musicdiver - I'm afraid you can't order the Dutch language version from us at Xara, only English, although we can ship it to anywhere in the world. If you buy the Dutch language version from magix.com or one of their distributors then Magix will provide the support, if you buy the English language version (from wherever) then we will provide the support.

Web Designer Premium 365 and Web Designer Premium 12 are the same product. The '365' indicates that the software is offered with our 365 day Update Service. This means you get whatever version is on sale on that day plus access to any updates in the following 365 days (but conditions apply, see www.xara.com/update-service for details). So for example if you purchase from Xara today you'll get 12.4.1. This also means we no longer have big annual updates, just a series of incremental updates over time - so you don't need to worry about whether there is a big update just round the corner.

On the subject of support, I'm afraid we don't offer phone support, only free support via our ticket system at support.xara.com. You can generally expect a 1 - 2 working day turnaround on a support ticket from the Xara team, though Lady MacBeth's poor experience shows it can be slower (which I agree was unacceptable - we weren't able to fix her problems with Xara3D 6, offered to give her a free upgrade to v7 and then 3 days later still hadn't sent her the v7 serial number, despite prompting). It's not as fast as we'd like, but no-one has yet had to call the police!
    Thanks for the info. i had a few more question. maybe you can help me with them also.
    if I want to order the 365 edition and I want to order the additional dvd for GBP 10 is that possible? do they send them to Spain, where I live?
    - I saw that the upgrade offer last till end feb 2017. does that mean the new 2017 version is coming soon?
    - I have some knowledge of wyswyg website building but no knowledge of html at all. is it for sure I can make a Xara responsive website without any html coding or do I still have to "ad in some html lines afterwards"

Quote Originally Posted by Musicdiver View Post
    Thanks for the info. i had a few more question. maybe you can help me with them also.
    if I want to order the 365 edition and I want to order the additional dvd for GBP 10 is that possible? do they send them to Spain, where I live?
    - I have some knowledge of wyswyg website building but no knowledge of html at all. is it for sure I can make a Xara responsive website without any html coding or do I still have to "ad in some html lines afterwards"
    Did you miss the answers I gave in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...48#post569248?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat