Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: after sales service xara

Quote Originally Posted by Musicdiver View Post
    Thanks for the info. i had a few more question. maybe you can help me with them also.
    if I want to order the 365 edition and I want to order the additional dvd for GBP 10 is that possible? do they send them to Spain, where I live?
    - I saw that the upgrade offer last till end feb 2017. does that mean the new 2017 version is coming soon?
    - I have some knowledge of wyswyg website building but no knowledge of html at all. is it for sure I can make a Xara responsive website without any html coding or do I still have to "ad in some html lines afterwards"
    - If you order the English language version from Xara then you can add the DVD. You will probably be charged in EUROs so the price would be €10. You can enter a separate delivery address but it has to be the same country as your credit card address, but subject to that it can be in any country in the world.

- There will be no 2017 version. Under the 365 day Update Service model we no longer do big annual updates, instead we do more regular incremental updates, so you don't need to worry about whether there is a major upgrade just around the corner.

- You definitely do not need to do any HTML coding, even for creating mobile variants.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

sorry just found some more answers. not used to the site yet. thanks

Thanks for all the info. But when I make a responsive site. don't need to make a separate mobile one do I?

Thanks for all the info. But when I make a responsive site. don't need to make a separate mobile one do I?
    Truly, just download the trial and play and read the Help file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You have to create a separate mobile variant, but the variants are exported as a single HTML file so there is just one website - the site will dynamically change layout in response to the screen size of the viewer. Take a look at the demo movies @ http://www.xara.com/web-designer/tutorials-demos/ (under Page Layout, Creating a Mobile Variant Part 1 & Part 2).

Acorn's suggestion is a good one, download the trial and give it a go.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

are there any sample responsive templates in it?

are there any sample responsive templates in it?
    So far, you have put up every barrier to actually trying something for yourself. We cannot force you but from this side we probably now don't want to.
    Go to the offered web links, download the trial and find out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

?.

I'm not putting up any barriers. I tried to find out were to start with
    why start trying first before get some info. after getting the info I can decide if it might be something for me.
    trying always cost a lot of time which I don't have to waist as self employed.

Open the following website in your desktop browser and then change the width of it

http://xaragroup.magix.net/vue11/

It should show you the different variants

?.
    I'm not putting up any barriers. I tried to find out were to start with
    why start trying first before get some info. after getting the info I can decide if it might be something for me.
    trying always cost a lot of time which I don't have to waist as self employed.
    I'm self-employed too and I use my non-productive time to research things I need and therefore these cannot be seen as a waste.
    The tool is there for testing; it has templates and an application built for responsive design (but not as you know it). It has dynamic element / components you can add. All there are there as ready-to-run websites that you can tinker with and even scrap and design form scratch.
    All I am saying is don't creep up on it, embrace it.

Acorn