Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

@ Simon

Don't worry - beauty in the eye of the beholder - I've had a look at your site and your work seems pretty good! Give it a go and join in - it's not a competition. Just people who love Xara showing what they do with it!

Originally posted by LogoVend:
    @ Gary

You don't like me do you? Either that or the right-hand button on your mouse doesn't work or you are unaware of an excellent function implemented in all modern versions of Windows called - 'Save As...' Either way I'll email you them along with a Xara file and I doubt I'll be featured.
    James,
    Gary's comment has nothing to do with liking/disliking anyone. Think about it... what's the point of him collecting logos for the annual logo show if everyone just simply goes ahead and posts them here/now instead? Keep in mind that with the logo show, each contributing artist is also given an opportunity to provide additional background information relating to the client and/or design.

It's a shame you didn't follow Gary's instructions, because you posted some very nice designs. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

@ Joroho

Yeah and it's a shame you didn't read the other posts on this thread and you will have realise that this has already been mentioned - so you're repeating here. And also that I've now emailed the logos. What's the point of having your 2 pence worth when it's already been stated, is it because it makes you feel good?

*tsk*

@ Joroho

And also that I've now emailed the logos.
    So you still didn't read the entry criteria/instructions then?

*tsk*
    "If your head hurts, it's working. Right?"

@ Simmotiono

What are you on about :

"Send your logos as e-mail attachments and please put Xara Logo in the Subject line."

Are you inferring that I sent too many. My god you people are pathetic pedants. Not one soul of an artist amoungst the lot of you. Sheep and krappertents.

Hi Logvend,
    I have read the instructions also and you did not comply with them as far as I'm concerned. I come to this forum for help in certain situations, and all I hear from you is bad mouth the forum participants or complain!
    If you are not happy hear the way things are done leave (and let the members wishing help remain)
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

I must say that disputing with Logo dude is of no use.... I do admit he is a true talent in his work, but being so grumpy, with a high amount of paranio and low self esteem, seriously, get a treatment, no body's after you, we all love your work. Just Chill a little. Don't look the negative in everything. Life's too short to fight with everyone.

> Mac
    f you are not happy hear the way things are done leave
    No way! We all love him, just don't be so grumpy that's all.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Lighten Up Guys!

It is a beautiful day to be alive! It is an honest mistake to post images here. No harm done. Lets just move on. Gary needs some logos for the show, so lets send him some. Great that some have already done so.

I'm looking forward to seeing the diversity of styles that will be showcased. As mentioned it certainly isn't a competition and nobody need feel intimidated to post. Compared with every other software usergroup I've ever encountered, the design abilities of this group are most impressive.

Name-calling & whining have no place here.

Regards Friends
    Ross

Logovend Some of your logos are great just I think some of the logos you posted aren't used.

I must admit that I like some of your logos rolling in the top right corner of your site more. Some of them prove your talent more than the selection you posted here.

Are you inferring that I sent too many. My god you people are pathetic pedants. Not one soul of an artist amoungst the lot of you. Sheep and krappertents.
    Why do you feel the need to resort to personal insults, simply because people have pointed out your inability to follow clear instructions?

Originally posted by Ross Macintosh:
    Lighten Up Guys!

It is a beautiful day to be alive! It is an honest mistake to post images here. No harm done. Lets just move on. Gary needs some logos for the show, so lets send him some. Great that some have already done so.

I'm looking forward to seeing the diversity of styles that will be showcased. As mentioned it certainly isn't a competition and nobody need feel intimidated to post. Compared with every other software usergroup I've ever encountered, the design abilities of this group are most impressive.

Name-calling & whining have no place here.

Regards Friends
    Ross
    Couldn't agree more Ross, but when people fail to follow instructions (and perfectly legible ones at that) and then insult anyone who happens to politely point it out to them, they deserve to be pulled up on it in my (humble) opinion.

We all managed to follow Gary's instructions, why can't LogoVend?

There are some great talents around these forums, and some not so great (a category I have life membership of!), but we are all looking to better ourselves in one way or another, and learn from each other's experience/expertise.

Individuals such as LogoVend and his insults serve only to highlight why some will never try to be better for fear of reprisals and condescending remarks.

There are individuals who use this forum (LogoVend included) who have more artistic talent in their little finger than I will ever enjoy in my entire lifetime. Thankfully, most are willing to share and encourage, rather than criticise and belittle.

It is the individuals such as LogoVend who do the latter that are damaging these forums in my opinion, and I'm afraid I can't accept it being brushed aside with a light hearted post and a few words of encouragement (however well intended).

There is too much ill-feeling in this world, without the need for personal attacks on forums, or judgemental opinions on what should and shouldn't be used as point of reference, in an environment where people are simply looking to make themselves better, and improve their abilities.

I for one shall think twice before posting any images again on these forums.
    "If your head hurts, it's working. Right?"