Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rotate .Gif Images

Hello,
    I searched for this answer but too many pages to find solution, so please excuse this a repeat question (I am sure it is)

I created a gif image with using Xara 3d

I want to place it on the webpage at an angle.

It shows the rotation handles, I then rotate the image like any other image. It starts to do the rotation, then it flips it back to standard horizontal placement

I am using web designer premium version 12.xxxxx

am I doing something incorrect?

R

Default Re: Rotate .Gif Images

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Is the GIF an animation or a single image?

Hi
    it's an animation with several images

Hmm? Then I don't think it can be rotated.

I think you need to recreate the animation rotated the way you want it first. Can you do that?

hi thanks for letting me know
    I wanted to have the words flow around a circle, its a bit hard doing that in xara 3d, but easy in web premium to orinentate the images, unless its a gif lol.

I'll have to figure out something else, first I'll try the xara 3d forum, maybe there is a way to make text flow around a circle

...Thanks for your help

I saw your other post just now.

This is next to impossible in Web Designer but fairly easy in the other products such as Designer Pro X or Photo & Graphic Designer.

This does not help you much. You can add text to a circle in Web Designer but you cannot make the circle export transparent. I may be missing something because I have not used Xara 3D Maker in years.

If you have another program that can add text to a circle, convert the text and circle to editable shapes, then delete the circle.

Copy the converted text to the clipboard and paste it into Xara 3D Maker.

The attached is the best I could do in Xara 3D.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text on a circle.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	116161  

Gary. Select your text on a circle. Arrange /Convert to Editable Shapes / Ungroup. You'll have two shapes. Delete the circle. Copy the remainder and paste into Xara3D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text-circle.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	116163  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, I think I knew that, Egg. But miss-rosie is using Web Designer which is the problem.

I might have missed something but doing what you are suggesting is not possible in Web Designer. Which may be why I explained the text on a circle needed to be created in Designer Pro X or Page & Layout Designer or Photo & Graphic Designer.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Gary. I also mentioned there may be issues using WebDesigner to rosie on the Xara3D thread. It becomes very difficult to keep up with what version of the prog has what features. In fact I've no idea
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host