Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Thanks for the help here ... now my turn to try to give.

Lots of work going on to learn how to break captchas today.

Columbia University is trying to figure out how to defeat vidoop (http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~mmerler/...l%20Report.pdf)

WIRED had an article on breaking captcha as far back as 2013 https://www.wired.com/2013/10/captcha-busted/

GitHub even has a library of scripts to defeat captcha https://github.com/imsky/captcha-breaking-library

We had been hit by so many bots back in 2011 that I actually removed contact forms from some of my sites. It seemed to "attract" the bots which were unbothered by captcha images. I'm hoping that using images of text or numbers with constant motion in the background or changing backgrounds I'll be able to continue to keep the bots out of my sites' contact forms.

Hi guys,
    I followed your instructions exactly and completely and am getting an error message when I add the code into the html body placeholder.

I added all of the script.

This is what I get.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contact_Script_Error.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	116218  

The way I do this (and so far I haven't done it in Xara) is to build a form using my web design program that is handled on the server by Formtools. I have one form field that is a required field ... and that must have an exact string before formtools will accept the form for processing. Wrong input or no input causes formtools to give user a notice that the correct information must be entered before their form will be accepted.

Now, to get the image or flash on the form, I design the form to have an open space a little larger than the images. The moving numbers and image are actually not inside of the form but either above or below the actual form. The flash or gif displays the text that must be added to the required field.

That's all there is to it. No scripting or anything else. You can design your form with any handler you wish to use. Just set a required field and tell the visitor to type in the moving numbers in your image/movie. Put that image/movie close enough that the visitor will understand that these are the numbers you are talking about. And don't forget to set up your form so that if the field is blank the visitor gets a message that he/she must complete this field correctly before the form will be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by mvolpone View Post
    Hi guys,
    I followed your instructions exactly and completely and am getting an error message when I add the code into the html body placeholder.

I added all of the script.

This is what I get.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Mike, without seeing what you actually have in the Placeholder, it might be you have mistyped the initial <html>.
    I usually find I've typed in "<html.".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat