Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanks for the help here ... now my turn to try to give.

I hate form spam. I know we've all had it, and the standard captcha doesn't always keep them out.

If you want to spend a few dollars, you can try nucaptcha (nucaptcha.com) which has a unique captcha that is virtually unbreakable.

Or, you can do the poor man's (or in my case the extremely cheap man's) version. I developed the idea based on the success I saw from other who had used the nucaptcha on their sites. Keeps bots and spammers off forums, out of inboxes, and makes my life easier.

If you are not averse to flash (no, most tablets will not allow users to reply to your forms) you can look at the version I use for my forms at a radio station. We've not had any bot spam since instituting this process in 2012. Inside the "form" you'll see some moving letters and type. The visitor has to enter those three numbers in the specified field in order to send the form mail. (I use formtools on this site). Wrong number or text, the mail is not sent. The trick is, the numbers never change, but the bots move on without sending me their spam. Why? Because they can't read it.

Go to http://www.qliteradio.com/news.html then click on the "church news" tab and look at the form.

I lay the transparent swf over an image which helps break it up, you can place over the image of your choice.

If you like it, download your copy here.

If you are averse to using flash, then you can try the same method but using a gif like this one:

(you'll need to click to see the motion)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	piddle.gif 
Views:	90 
Size:	463.7 KB 
ID:	116154

Same principle, but even mobile devices can send you mail.

Hope this method is as successful for you as it is for me.

If you want a copy of the flash, PM me and I'll send you a copy or link to a zip version ... (and will need in the future).
    Last edited by Dijenga; 09 February 2017 at 04:44 PM.

Default Re: Thanks for the help here ... now my turn to try to give.

Cheers Dijenga and thanks for sharing. I attach an html5 version that should work on any device created in Hippani Animater 5.

Download & unzip. The TestPage.html explains a few things.

Just upload all the content to a subfolder on your site (example 'ani') and point the Xara iframe to load captcha.html from the ani folder.

LINK

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My flash program is "supposed" to publish in HTML5, and it does. However, the page is about 2 megs when done.

So, my question is, what software did you use to get such nice neat coding? Please don't tell me notepad cause I'll get really frustrated that I haven't the time to learn it between working full time and devoting 20+ hours weekly to looking for a NEW job.

... created in Hippani Animater 5 ...
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My flash program is "supposed" to publish in HTML5, and it does
    Doesn't work on my iPhone, just get the background image
    What program are you using?
    Egg

No, didn't export as HTML5 because of the HUGE file size. Exported as flash because it was a rather small file as flash.

So*think Quick*er is the program I use, but if memory serves when I exported this file as HTML5 it was about 2 megabytes ... kinda defeats the purpose.

Exactly. Links to So*think software is blocked on the forum as you discovered. Hippani Animater 5 is the best Flash replacement I've found. It's $50.

If you want to use my animation, feel free.
    Egg

Thanks, playing around with the starter version right now, may grab the pro version if I like it.

Was also looking at Koolmoves, not sure which way I want to go but I sure miss doing the flash stuff, although Quicker still does a nice front end for CDs for my repair discs allowing me to start various software during cleanups or even give away the discs (all freeware software or demos) to folks wanting to attempt their own virus removals.

Koolshow (by koolmoves) looks promising for what I want, and at only $20 the price seems good.

Quick effort using SVG images: http://www.ahgweb.com/bog_stuff/bog_sport.html

Looks good
    Egg