For the past 18 years I have built hundreds of websites using WebStudio, which has now been discontinued. Just purchased Xara Web Designer Premium and I am completely lost. I've spent almost 50 hours playing with program, reading all 541 pages of the manual, reading tutorials, searching FAQs and watching videos… and while there is a lot of instruction on using various features, none of the resources answer basic questions I have like these. (None of the Themes will be useful for me, so I'm building from scratch.)

(1) In WebStudio I had a Master Page, where I would put the logo, header, navigation links, copyright notice and other items that I wanted to appear on all pages in the site. Then on each page I would fill in the content specific to that page… I can't find anything like that in Xara?

(2) In Xara the first page is named "Index". Is this the home page? Can it be renamed something else without messing things up?

(3) I selected "show page size" so I can see the actual outline of the page… however I have to scroll down about a foot to get to that box. The page outline starts at "0" on the ruler, leaving 750 px above the page outline. Is there some way to adjust settings so that the page outline is actually at the top of the screen? Can I adjust things so that all the white space outside of the page size is eliminated… so that actual page size fills the available space?

(4) Which page size should I use to have the widest compatibility?