Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD Premium 365 problem

Just loaded this onto a new laptop, moved several sites that were previously running on XWD7. All but one open just fine, but the problematic one gives me this error message:
    CamBridge32
    CreateInstance(XPE) failed!

Wrote to support, they said they've seen it before, and restarting the computer usually solves the problem. I reported back that it does not ... but haven't had a reply yet.

Has anyone else seen this and found a solution? I'd like to move all my active sites to the new computer and XWD 365.

Thanks,
    Ken

Default Re: XWD Premium 365 problem

Can you attach the problem .web/.xar file Ken?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg ... here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zfdp3axcm...nis18.xar?dl=0

I finally got a reply from tech support Wed a.m. asking for this to be sent, but haven't heard back from 'em. Happy to have an experienced TalkGraphics user take a look, too. Funny that the other two XDP7 sites I've moved to XWD365 have opened normally; not sure what might be different about this one. I have several more to move, and also some from XWD10, but didn't want to proceed until this is resolved.

I've been very happy with the Xara products, and with this forum. Excellent software, excellent support ... although tech support from the company isn't always as quick to respond as an impatient user wishes they could be!

Hi Ken, opened your site with XWD365 premium and XWD 11 premium and all is good, no error message but a message before the site opened that said some live effects dont work because they are not installed.
    Ciao

Roly

Cambridge32 is to do with running 32bit plug-ins in 64bit architecture. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...47-Xara-64bits It may be a case of redoing those plug-ins on the new machine. Sorry I can't help more :-(
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64